Original topic:

How to disable Buds beeping

(Topic created on: 02-01-2023 12:02 PM)
Laurel2
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
My Buds (esp the left one) constantly emit a beeping noise that I have learned is due to high temperature... but this is Australia, it's constantly at a high temperature! Even in winter I have this issue. 

I usually end up having to take them out and so they're quite useless to me. 

Is there a way of disabling the beeping? I realise it's a warning but if the alternative is not being able to use them, I'd rather just risk it and use them while I can. 
0 Likes
5 Comments
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Wearables

Hello @ Laurel2

I am really sorry that you are having this issue. Can I confirm that noise cancelling is not turned on?

If noise cancelling is not on and you feel that it is still overheating immediately remove them from your ears. I would them recommend you sending your buds in for someone to looks at.

Based on what you've described; I recommend for you to head into your nearest authorized service Centre with your proof of purchase so that we can take a closer look into this. Please be aware that due to our Privacy Policy, your device may be factory reset before being assessed. I highly recommend backing up your device via Smart Switch, OneDrive and/or Google to ensure none of your data is lost.

For more information on how to back up your device: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/back-up-samsung-device/

To book an appointment prior to heading in-store or to drop off your device via Australia Post: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/your-service/main

To find your nearest store: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/

Kind regards,
SamsungClaudette

Laurel2
Active Level 1
Wearables
Hi. Thanks for the response. Noise cancelling isn't on.

Am I right in assuming that it can't be disabled? You didn't address that in the response.
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Wearables

Hello @ Laurel2

Unfortunately, you cannot disable the beeping noises.

If you prefer to not go in to an ASC I recommend you send an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report for a wearable, follow these steps:

1. Go to Galaxy Wearables app > click on the device desired on the side menu
  2. In the side menu, tap Contact us > Error reports (in the Get help section)
  3. Fill in details and the frequency of the issue that you have with the wearable.
  4. Click send.

Kind regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
clintiboy
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
I have the exact same thing and issues. When working in the Australian summer ie today was 43 degrees c, and they are constantly beeping when the direct sun light hits them. I'm going to presume the beep are heat alerts. By far, the most frustrating earbuds I've ever used.
How can I remove the beep.
Or do you sell an Australian compatible pair.
0 Likes
ghettofight3r
Active Level 3
Wearables
Charge them
0 Likes