Original topic:

Samsung Australia Trade Up using Asurion. Item mis graded fee.

(Topic created on: 11-28-2022 09:14 PM)
GlennCove
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables

Hi Laura(Samsung),

Recently Asurion charged me $195 for a pristine condition  Galaxy Watch 4 46mm Bluetooth,  only 4 months old.

Asurion replied " our team has found that its physical condition is not consistent with what you declared to us when you completed your Trade-Up.

As a result of our assessment, we are adjusting the credit you received for your device. We will be charging your nominated credit card a Mis-grading Device Fee of $195. This amount is the difference between the trade-in credit you received, and the current market value of the device based on its condition."

The trade in value was for $195, so basically they are saying a pristine condition Galaxy Watch 4 is worth $0. To make matters worse, they have charged my credit card $195.

So now I don't have a pristine working watch that is only 4 months old and on top of that, an additional charge of $195. No explanation of what the problem is.

I have plenty of pictures and even a video of me turning on the watch, moving it around to see the condition, putting it into the original box, inside the satchel and right up to the Australia Post counter to hand it over. 

It is upsetting that Asurion would straight away send a generic email, then charged the credit card on the same day. They do not have a phone number to contact, and from previous correspondence just to get the instructions to send the device back took about 6 weeks. They keep saying in a few days then i chase up the next week, then daily until the finally sent the instructions.

Upsetting to see such a great company as Samsung partnered with Asurion (whose reviews online are extremely bad indeed).

I have the evidence to back up my claim. I also would like to warn Samsung to investigate these incidences and to distance themselves from these types of companies with these deceitful practices.

Any help with this is appreciated. Thank you.

4 Comments
AlleyStar
Active Level 1
Wearables
Go to the telecommunications Ombudsman.
GlennCove
Active Level 3
Wearables

Sigh. Yes that is another avenue to turn to. Thank you AlleyStar. Much appreciated.

0 Likes
GlennCove
Active Level 3
Wearables

Thank you Erika for assisting with this case.

Without your assistance, Asurion would have taken both the near new watch value far above the trade-in value, plus on top of that, another $195. That's an easy way for Asurion to make money surely.

For Samsung members, I will be detailing what happened so it will help better prepare you when dealing with Asurion related trade-up issues.

For now, a report to the ACCC together with correspondence will at least help expose the wrongful and deceitful business conduct by Asurion who is also unfortunately associated with Samsung. 

0 Likes
GlennCove
Active Level 3
Wearables

Despite Asurion finally writing that the trade up is complete and there is no further monies owing and that a refund will be done within 3 business days, I am still chasing for the refund. Now having to lodge a transaction dispute via the bank, with evidence in writing from Asurion agreeing to a refund that never appeared.

Their last response:

"

Hi Glen,

We confirm with you that Trade up - SW32B832 is complete, and your watch has been accepted as Good Working order. We have initiated the refund of $195 please note it can take up to 3 business days for the refund to be processed. There will no further charges, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Samsung trade-up team

samsung-tradeup_inquiries@asurion.com"

0 Likes