Original topic:

Lost wifi, Bluetooth and mobile hotspot

(Topic created on: 08-30-2022 06:55 PM)
Kylie331
Beginner Level 2
Options
Discussion

Hi can anyone help me plz ?? I have a s9 and got the notification to update my phone so I did and now my wifi , Bluetooth and mobile hotspot won't work. I've factory reset my mobile and reset the network settings but nothing's worked.. I spoke to someone today who said the new update has glitches in it for older phones .. He told me this should b fixed for free because it was no fault of my own but a company who repairs mobiles for Samsung told me I will have to pay them to fix it. Can any one help me plz??

0 Likes
10 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Discussion

Hi @Kylie331, thanks for reaching out. As you've already mentioned performing a factory reset, I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps. 

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Get help > Error report > System > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

0 Likes
Kylie331
Beginner Level 2
Discussion
Thank u ill try that
0 Likes
Kylie331
Beginner Level 2
Discussion
Still having issues
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Discussion

Hi @Kylie331, our team will get back to you with a response to your error report soon. Feel free to send a 2nd error report when this occurs again for more recent log data to be sent.

0 Likes
helpmetoday
Beginner Level 2
Discussion
How do you do an error report?
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Discussion

Hey @lost

You can send an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analyzed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Support > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Discussion
An app uses caches for your settings. Sometimes the changes in an update conflict with your settings. So try clearing caches for those apps and any related apps. I.e. wi-fi, bluetooth, hotspot, aeroplane mode, where caches exist. Google for clearing these if you can't find them. If you have been using SmartSwitch or restore, factory reset again before restoring. If you find these features work after factory reset then, even if you can't fix it you know the cause. At that stage further Googling might help.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Discussion
If, ultimately, you find your device unuseable and you don't want to waste money on a new device, Google installing a different operating system on Samsung device. I haven't yet had the need or courage to do this but it is definitely an option.
0 Likes
helpmetoday
Beginner Level 2
Discussion
I am having this issue has it been fixed in the update?
0 Likes