Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Drained batt

(Topic created on: 01-20-2023 12:55 PM)
justsela
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Hi. I'm a galaxy a12 user. Just wanna ask what must be the problem of my phone. I forgot to turn of my wifi last night. I fell asleep while downloading a movie. My phone's battery is at 70's. When i woke up this morning my phone is dead. I can't open it. Then i tried charging it. Luckily it opened. It's just that it got drained. This is the first time it happened. I usually forgot to turn of my wifi at night. But my phone's battery never get empty during that time 
0 Likes
5 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello justsela,

Sorry to hear that, about your experience with your Samsung Galaxy A12 having issues with fast-draining battery after keeping the Wi-Fi on overnight and we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.

Before you try out the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.

Step 2. Tap on Download and install.

Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 4. Reset your device.

Battery consumption and lifespan varies depending on a number of factors, including the frequency of device use, the number of installed and running apps, operating system errors, and network connectivity. 

If you want to extend the battery lifespan of your phone or if you feel that the battery is draining fast, you can optimize your phone overall, manage app power, as well as optimize individual apps. You can reduce battery consumption in the following ways.

Optimize using Device Care features.

You can optimize your phone using the Device care feature to reduce battery consumption by closing unused apps and controlling abnormal battery usage. Follow the steps below.

Step 1. Open Settings, and then select Battery and device care.

Step 2. Tap Optimize nowDevice care automatically optimizes your phone.

The quick optimization feature improves device performance through the following actions.

• Closes apps running in the background.
  • Manages abnormal battery usage.
  • Scans for crashed apps and malware.

Using the auto-optimization feature.

You can set the device to perform auto optimization when your device is not in use. Tap More options > Automation > Auto optimize daily and tap the switch to activate it.

Adjust Background usage limits.

The more unused apps there are running in the background, the more power your battery will use. Background usage limits can be set to reduce battery consumption. Follow the steps below.

Step 1. Open Settings and then select Battery and device care.

Step 2. Tap Battery.

Step 3. Tap Background usage limits.

Step 4.Set the app you want to control.

You can choose from the following settings:

• Put unused apps to sleep will automatically put apps to sleep if they have not been used for a while.
  • Sleeping apps allows you to choose the apps that won't run in the background. You can view your current sleeping apps as well.
  • Deep sleeping apps will never run in the background and will only work when you open them.
  • Never sleeping apps allows you to choose which apps will not automatically be set to sleeping mode.

Fix Battery drain due to Wi-Fi.

1) Turn Off Wi-Fi when not using it or when it isn't available.

2) Turn-Off Location Scanning in Settings. 

If the problem persists, immediately bring your device to the nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center. Rest assured that our Samsung Engineers/Technicians are competent to assess your device and offer solutions to restore it up to optimum performance.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy A
Kapag na drain, kailangan ma charge muna. Minsan hindi kaagad mag on lalo na galing sa drain at kakasaksak lang ng charger. Pag na drain ulit, saksak mo lang give it a few minutes bago mo turn on. Walang problema ang phone mo.
justsela
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Thankyou. Yung concern ko kasi na drain siya overnight dahil naka on wifi ko. Pero first time kasi nangyari yun. Tapos 70 percent pa yun nung gabi
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Iwasan mo lang moving forward. Kapag repeated yan nangyayari malakas maka sira ng battery.
0 Likes
justsela
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Sige thankyou :)