Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Random app lose internet connection after android upgrade

(Topic created on: 04-12-2021 02:33 PM)
hud1
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Recently my Galaxy A50s is having random app loss internet connection, where  I have to restart the phone every time so the app could reconnect.  This is very cumbersome, as it happens daily on random app. 

This issue started appearing after upgrading to Android 11.  Have tried multiple way, such as wipe the cache partition, allow background activity for those app, allow all notifs, switch back between mobile data and wifi, to no avail. Also have tried to clear data, cache for the app, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but the issue still happens.

Only restarting the phone will fix it. But, after a while less than a day, certain app loss internet again, and have to restart again. 

Anyone have this experience?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, thank you for your feedback. After investigating this issue, we have found this to be due to background app network restriction policies. The next software update should fix this issue, so please ensure you update as soon it is released for your device. 

As a temporary solution, please do this: go into Settings > Apps > Taps on three dots on top right corner > Special access > Optimise battery usage> Change "Apps not optimised" to "All". Then, toggle off all affected apps to exclude them from "battery optimise target".

Sorry for any inconveniences. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. 

View solution in context

Solution
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy A

Good morning everyone, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us additional error reports with log data attached via the Samsung Members app as the initial post raised was in regard to the A50. 

While these phones are similar, the solution for the A50 may be different for that of an S10 thus, sending these error reports can help us in pinpointing the issue. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > Network/WiFI > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

Troubleshooting. Note, resetting network settings will unpair any previously linked Bluetooth devices, and disconnect from past Wi-Fi networks you've joined. 

- Tap Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings. Please note that doing this will delete your network configurations and restore the default values.

- Tap Network Settings > Reset.

View solution in context

0 Likes
84 Comments
SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @hud1, I would first recommend ensuring that your apps are up to date, as software updates for apps are important to ensure compatibility with operating systems. I would also recommend resetting your network settings, as the new update may have overridden the settings on your phone, including Wi-Fi. To do this, follow these steps:

- Tap Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings. Please note that doing this will delete your network configurations and restore the default values.

- Tap Network Settings > Reset.

Please connect to your desired network after this, and it should be back to normal.

Let us know if this helps! :)

0 Likes
Hermawan2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi

Same issue with my S10+ after upgrade android 11 everyday some random apps lose internet. I have to reinstall the apps again the whole time to make it work. Please fix this

0 Likes
hud1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Did that but still not fixing the issue. It also happens on cell connection, so its not a WIFI problem.

Anyway I could get debug info about this?

Otherwise, we should downgrade android, any way to do this?

SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy A

Sorry to hear that you're still having this issue, hud1. Would you be able to send an error report through Samsung Members. To do this, tap on Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right corner.

Let me know if you have any problems with this!

0 Likes
manishb
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

Yes, I have the same problem on my Galaxy A50. Good to see I am not alone. Issue started exactly after the Android 11 update a few weeks ago. And yes indeed, it's completely Random. Had issues with Amazon, AmazonPrime Video, some banking apps, Reddit, Outlook etc etc. All random, can happen on any day suddenly and nothing can be done for that specific app till a phone restart or App re-install. However, i had had the same app have the issue again on some other day too. So, the restart solution is just temporary.

SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy A

That's so odd, Manish! I would recommend that the next time this happens, you send an error report through the Members App so that one of our team can look into the issue. To send an error report please follow these steps:

Tap on Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right corner.

Hope we're able to solve this issue that way! 

0 Likes
josvanweert
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Same problem here. Random app. After a reboot the problem is gone. 

0 Likes
manishb
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

There's obviously some common issue here. Hopefully Samsung can figure it out. Today my Google Play suddenly had no connectivity till a phone restart.

manishb
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

@SamsungTina - I sent the error report finally. At the same time I am seeing the issue every other day. Today WhatsApp for example was not working for me till restart. WhatsApp had the same issue for me day before yesterday as well. Google Play gave me a few instances of this problem earlier. Hopefully the Samsung team can figure it out. Its quite annoying and depending on the App an user may miss important notifications if the app is not connected to the internet.

0 Likes