Original topic:

Galaxy Note 10+ Wireless Charging

(Topic created on: 01-29-2023 09:05 PM)
benji3911
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello,

Hopefully someone can help. The wireless charging on my Note 10+ stopped working yesterday. Initially it would work without a phone case and then would work when powered down. Now it does not work at all. 

I have tried:

-Soft reset
-Hard reset
-Clearing cache partition
-Different wireless chargers (including official)
-Resetting settings
-Checking for a software update

Nothing works and I am not prepared to do a full factory reset to see if it works (would prefer just to put up with cable charging) 

Any ideas or is anyone else having this issue? 

Thanks
0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy Note
Hmm sounds like it's a hardware issue, which means you can't really fix it unless you send it in.

Can you check how the battery is? I wonder if it's slightly swollen (hence dangerous).
0 Likes
benji3911
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thanks Man. I feel it's not a software issue just with wireless charging working for a time when the phone was off and then sporadically.

I've checked the battery in device care, stopped some apps running in the background and done an Antivirus check.

Battery doesn't seem to be compromised and isn't too hot but I may try to run the phone down and charge from flat when off. See how that goes.
Galaxy Note
Sounds like the hardware is at fault. Take it to an official service center or a highly reputable phone repair shop so they can inspect it. My best guess is either the coil itself is damaged or the plug that connects it to the motherboard is damaged or disconnected.
0 Likes
benji3911
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Great, thank you
0 Likes
benji3911
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Hey all, thanks for all your comments. Today the wireless charging started working again. Possibly hardware issue as there hasn't been software update in 6 months for Note 10+. May have just needed to stop charging wireless for a spell but working well now.
0 Likes