Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Green Lines after update

(Topic created on: 01-01-2023 04:37 PM)
kamalayan
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
There seem to be a lot of issues surrounding units getting green lines for Notes or amoled burns after update (among other issues). This rattles my confidence in samsung flagship devices so I sought to have my Note20ultra traded under the Samsung trade in promo, however, looking at the S22 ultra, it seems that there are also reports of green screens and other horror stories after updating the software. 
People seem to be suggesting to have it fixed as if it is just a pill to take, but the reality of it all, is that it is only free for within warranty units and most would be subjected to paying for pricey repairs. 
I like the samsung software but this seem to be the one killing the hardware and i can only conclude that this is intentional as many are experiencing the green lines and green screen issues.
I like upgrading units but not because the previous unit died or broke, Samsung could have at least acknowledge this issue given that many are reporting it and offer a fix specially this is happening to flagship buyers. 
Well, they wont and thats not a good thing. 
So i guess im just writing to express my opinion, a review of sort and maybe others could also chime in their positive or negative experiences.

But this here for now, and Im scouting for other brands.

17 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy Note

Hello kamalayan,

Thanks for your sharing your information based on your experience, observations, and comments, here. 

We appreciate your suggestions and appreciate the time and effort you put in to share your valuable comments. This helps us improve our products, apps, and services towards enhancing your Samsung Galaxy experience.

For more help and assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

i was hit with white screen on my s20u , positive experience Samsung took care of it with even though past the warranty coverage

0 Likes
Jon_24
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
can you share which service center you went to?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
2021 Henrys
2022 SM North
kamalayan
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Unfortunately that does not apply to everyone affected by the update. Some are even forced to buy a 10k additional Samsung product just to have the screen fixed for no cost.
Galaxy Note
As a fellow customer, this is something I fear for my Note20U5G, regardless if I have a new device. I agree that Samsung needs to get to the bottomline of this issue and come up with a solution that doesn't hurt their customer's wallets as not everyone will upgrade after two years, and not everyone has the capacity to shell out 10K just to get free repair. It seems like there's a manufacturing defect of some sort (if it's hardware level) since the S20 series (my S10+ is still running smooth until now).

However, while there's a documented number of cases, are you sure about your conclusion that it is intentional? That's a pretty bold claim to say.
0 Likes
kamalayan
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
It does pass as a generalization, you are right. But here are my other issues that just makes me feel more frustrated about samsung:

Processor. They claim this is to balance the cost across countries but its not fair to have a lesser even problematic exynos chip vs the more superior snapdragon.
Update issues are not recognized and even charged to tie you up further with the brand.
I noticed when watching spen tutorials that the software is not the same with what I have, so there are those differences that not all have the same version or update. And from what i saw, i was missing a few pens and functionality.
Review units have the superior snapdragon version, so gets all praises, then you pay the same amount for exynos that is outperformed by the latter.
Oh and the battery on this thing lasts only 10 to 12 hrs on a 5hr screen time. Samsung personels blame it on my customizations but even without, same thing. Battery health reports no issues. At heavy use, browsing and not even gaming (i dont game) this thing kills the batt at 7hrs or so. I followed all that i can rumage in youtube on how to optimize and dial down the settings to no avail. My previous Huawei P30pro lasts 1 and a half even at heavy browsing with data on the whole time.
Updates, one that users are excited about, brings the contrary. I dread the time an update will roll out and break the hardware.
Im sure I have a few more nicked in the corners of my discontent but thats whats on top. So while these are all justified as marketing move, etc, one cannot feel cheated with the disparity in what you have vs what others have when buying a flagship.
Oh i have the best phone, but not as good as yours but we have the same model, that sort of thing.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I have the same sentiments when I initially got my Note20U5G (Exynos) two years ago. This is the same reason why I upgraded to a Fold4 despite my Note20U5G still working as intended. I'll bookmark this post and will raise some of the concerns you've outlined here on our next Samsung Makers meeting with the Customer Service moderators.
kamalayan
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I guess thats the thing about their marketing, to move loyal flagship users to the next top tier product. But i guess a spectrum of that move is to roll out a killer update to force customers to the next flagship. Sorry I am really frustrated even reading more horror stories in facebook groups about greenlines and update issues. So while this thing is not sorted out, i caveat on the bearing of these issues before I trust the brand again. For now, Im moving to the competitor. But I appreciate your influence on this matter if you get to persuade the samsung pips into (even) acknowledging the issue, moreso being accountable to the update problems.
0 Likes