Original topic:

Note 10 plus seen issues

(Topic created on: 09-03-2022 11:15 AM)
GingerbreadMe
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi all. 

I bought a Note 10 plus second hand on eBay. It arrived. Looks in excellent condition. Anyhow, I sat it on charge, went to set it up yesterday and the screen is playing up.

It is unresponsive at times. Trying to load my messages app positioned bottom right won't load. Many icons on that edge won't respond.

Loading up the menu and then pressing the home button doesn't bring the phone back to home. The settings menu still sits there taking control. Try to turn the phone off. The three options flash up then go again, then 'off menu' as it were doesn't stay on screen. You can't turn the phone off. 

Trying to use google keep notes. Pressing a note on the left loads a note top right. Unusable. 

If I use the notes stylus. I can add click all icons no matter of their placement. 

Using the screen diagnostic I can light up all the screen squares. The screen seems to be able to feel where a finger is, but the selection aspect is wrong.

I have taken it straight to a phone repair place. They also ran diagnostics and had to keep it to do further tests. 

They said they have reflashed the firmware but nothing has improved. They recommend a new screen be fitted which is a higher cost than the phone I bought by over 100%.

Anyhow. Last ditch attempt at not loosing all this money. Any ideas?
0 Likes
2 Comments
Galaxy Note
That's the problem with second hand stores (especially ebay), you really have not much avenue.

I'd get a few quotes from different repairers, that way you can save some money. The note 10 plus is still a great phone imo, so depending on the cost to fix, it may be worth it.

Good luck!
0 Likes
SamsungCass
Options
Galaxy Note

I am sorry to hear that this has been your experience. I'd suggest raising an error report through the Samsung Members application by following the steps below.

Lodging these reports if issues arise allows our Samsung Members team to review diagnostic data sent through. It is best to submit this within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring.

Samsung Members (application) > Get help > Error reports

I hope this is helpful. 

0 Likes