Original topic:

Note 20 ultra Glue Gate

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 04:01 AM)
dual109
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi all,

Have a note 20 ultra 5g here that is coming up on year old now. In the last month the display on this device has caused me nothing but peril. First it started off with screen burn from a select app, I had to get the phone sent back off to Samsung for that to be fixed and even then all they did was flash the burn off witch was a Mediocore job at best considering you can still see the shadows of the previous burn in. Secondly my screen now has "glue gate" as Its called where the adhesive glue behind the screen begins to adhere and damage the display. Paid a premium price for this phone and only seem to get sub par support and phone quality. Iv contacted samsung and all they've told me is that "they'll assess the device" would they replace the screen for me? Or will they do another one of their dodgy screen tricks to get rid of it. I cant believe they got the display so wrong on these phones, especially the price you pay to get one.

Thanks

0 Likes
7 Comments
Protonumus
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Do you game directly on the screen or with a controller?
0 Likes
dual109
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
I don't game at all. Just watch media that's about it
Kombatsd
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
That's definitely sub par service.
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @dual109, I am sorry to hear of the experience you had with your device display. Based on what you've described, I recommend for you to head into your nearest authorised service centre with your proof of purchase so that we can take a closer look into this. Please be aware that due to our Privacy Policy, your device may be factory reset before being assessed. I highly recommend backing up your device via Smart Switch, OneDrive and/or Google to ensure none of your data is lost.

For more information on how to back up your device: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/back-up-samsung-device/ 

To book an appointment prior to heading in-store or to drop off your device via Australia Post: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/your-service/main 

To find your nearest store: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/

0 Likes
Raf123
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Hi may I know what happened after?

I have the same problem and went to the official service centre and they said I have to pay for this. It is around 250 USD. The first signs appeared just after a few months of use. Just keeps getting worse now. Can see discoloration on top bottom and now middle.

It looks like I have to live with this phone with **bleep** screen for the next few years.

My last SAMSUNG. Strange how they don't announce any screen replacement program. One can find numerous cases on the internet. Just Google glue gate note 20 ultra.

20221123_210425.jpg

20221123_210403.jpg

20221123_210343.jpg

0 Likes
Mk961
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

20230529_193936.jpg

Got it on mine too. Definitely faulty panels were installed on note 20 ultra. My friends iphone 12 pro just recently got free screen replacement as 12 pro had some issues with their panels. Sigh guess thats apple 

0 Likes
MoyenHS
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

is this problem increase day by day or remain burn for long time?

0 Likes