Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Camera App crashing

(Topic created on: 03-14-2023 10:39 PM)
Alchemist123
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
My S22 ultra is still experiencing crashing of camera app even after march security update. It started after a software update (one ui 5.1) on february 2023.🥺

9 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hello Alchemist123,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with the recent updates on your beloved Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra having issues with camera app crashes, and we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.

I will get worried too if my device is experiencing the same issue, as I expect it to perform better after an update. But don't fret; we are here to assist, guide, and offer solutions to restore your device to running at optimum.

Before you try out the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps (Camera) are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.

Step 2. Tap on Download and install.

Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 4. Restart your device.

In order to find the root cause of the problem, you may submit an error report through the Samsung Members app as follows:

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.

Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category "Camera".

Step 4. Describe the problem in details and SEND.

How to submit an error report on Samsung Members app? | Samsung PH

Clear Camera App and Data

1) Open Settings, and then swipe to and tap Camera Apps. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache.

2) Open Settings, and then swipe to and tap Camera Apps. Tap Storage, tap Clear data, and then tap OK. This will completely wipe the app and reset it to the original settings.

If the problem persists, immediately bring your device to the nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center. Rest assured that our Samsung engineers and technicians are competent to assess your device with suggestions, and offer to provide prompt solutions to restore it up to optimum performance.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

For more assistance and guidance, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Let us know if you've found a solution by tapping "Accept as Solution" on the answer you like!

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.
0 Likes
Alchemist123
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thank you for extending your assistance. Yes, i will immediately update this thread if the problem still arises. Thank you.
Galaxy S
wipe cache partition should fix it
0 Likes
Alchemist123
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Already did a couple of times.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

You've wiped your cache twice at this point? 

If it's a recurring problem, try clearing data instead of just cache? That's kind of a last-ditch effort, but it should reset the camera settings to base, hopefully ironing out the issue.

But beyond that, we should also send an error report through your Samsung Members app to let our devs know of this issue! Send as many details as you can, along with screenshots of your error log, so we can pinpoint this issue faster.

I'm also sending another error report from my end to escalate this issue. 

Sorry again for the inconvenience, but please do update me if clear data works or not.

Alchemist123
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thank you for your inputs. I already performed your recommendation and carefully observing the app if the problem still arises.
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

No problem, just keep me updated! And don't forget to send your error report ♥

0 Likes
Alchemist123
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Camera is crashing again.Screenshot_20230317_144049_Device care_1000004162_1679035249.jpg
0 Likes
Alchemist123
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thank you. Im hoping that this issue be fixed.
0 Likes