Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Cant Sync Data Issue with Samsung Gallery and Onedrive

(Topic created on: 10-14-2020 07:21 AM)
Iggyboi
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, asking the community if anyone else experiencing the same issue as I am. Just last October 9, 2020 my Samsung Galxy S20 Ultra and Samsung Tab S7plus Gallery stopped syncing with Onedrive. I tried manually sync it via the Gallery Setting in the Samsung Cloud app, it prompted a "Can't sync data" response. At first, I thought that there might be some downtime maybe with Samsung or Onedrive and the issue may eventually be gone. But I was suprised, when my Samsung Note 9 began having the same issue last Oct 11, 2020. Please note that I'm using the same Samsung account and Onedrive account to all these devices. Now I just learned from my cousin that his having the same issue with his Samsung Note 10plus and Samsung TabS5e.

I already contacted Samsung Phils via Samsung Member app, however all the suggested solutions they recommended did not solve the issue. Did the following below except the Factory Reset, which obviously I think will not do any good since this issue is happening in all my devices.

• Software Update (Updated to the latest)
  • Clear cache and data of the gallery app
  • Removed and Re-add microsoft account and other relevant email accounts to referesh all email settings
  • Safe mode
  • Factory Data reset

If anyonce can share if they experienced the same and manage to get a solution will be greatly appreciated. Its just frustrating that this is happening since this feature really saves me a lot of space on my physical drive but also made it easier for me to transfer media via onedrive to all my devices, not to mention I purchased a subscription plan with microsoft. If still no solution, I may need to bring my phone to Samsung service center this weekend, which I really hope they can fix the issue without reseting all my devices.

Anyway, I hope someone can help. Thanks

10 Comments
manzocy
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
What's your Onedrive capacity? For me, much easier to install Google Photos and sync. it is unlimited.
Iggyboi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi Manzocy. i have 1TB onedrive. Yes, google photo is a good alternative. but I hope Samsung can fix this
0 Likes
manzocy
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I agree Iggyboi.
Anchel
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Having this very same issue with a new Galaxy S21 Ultra.

All the photos and videos were syncing just fine on my previous Samsung device via the Gallery app with the OneDrive integration, but now on the S21 Ultra, even though the accounts have been linked, all I get is a "Can't sync data" message.

Also, I have tried the steps indicated here: Samsung Gallery and OneDrive - OneDrive (home or personal) (microsoft.com) and tried reconnecting OneDrive from scratch several times, to no avail.

Infinity07
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

S21Ultra from Thailand, I got the same problem :(

Iggyboi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I think this is a thing with Samsung and onedrive when you intially set it up. Apparently mine worked a day after I posted this -- the problem just gone and sync worked as it should be.

I hope you were able to get the syncing issue fixed by now.
0 Likes
cookngeek
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I was having the same problem on my new S21, tried everything you did. I was able to get it to sync, bit it does not keep it synced and I have to keep going back and turning it on. And when I look in Once Drive it says that last day synced was in February - and that was the date I switched to this new phone, Any way - try following these steps:

Make sure sync is turned on in applications

• On the phone go to Settings (gear icon)
  • Scroll to Accounts and Backup
  • Select Manage accounts
  • Select OneDrive
  • Make sure Sync Account is on. If it is off there will be a toggle switch. If it is on it will say (Sync on for all items)
Atulab
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Same issue with new S21 - and this worked (so far) - thanks!

Initially it worked, but just realized it hasn't been syncing for the last 3 weeks - until I followed your steps.

Members_GIeuhWj
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

This worked for me, thank you

0 Likes