Original topic:

No One UI4 for s21 Ultra in Australia

(Topic created on: 11-27-2021 07:18 PM)
Sandeep1984
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Unlike apple why doesn't Samsung push one UI or new softwares throughout the world? It's a dumb company 
27 Comments
will_
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Samsung doesn't push out their updates to all phones at once due to regional software differences, they use a csc system (country specific code) which means each country has their own modified version of each update. It's a stupid system and I believe it should be abandoned.
Galaxy S
Well depending on different countries and their respective service providers a lot of things have to be adjusted for, like frequency bands for 5g and 4g, then it has to abide with laws (for eg Australian firmware doesn't allow call recording )
Ania78
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Better to make sure the update is good, than push out an update with issues, like Apple. I bought my mum a new iPhone last year for her birthday in December. Today it was frozen and she couldn't turn it off even. Someone over the landline phone helped her out. Maybe it was from an update! It's OK now.
Sandeep1984
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Hmm I use both phones and even beta versions of apple softwares.. I never had an issue .. the good thing is apple pushes it on time to everyone .. Samsung can be frustrating .
Galaxy S
Do you really think that ios is bug free? 😂😂😂
0 Likes
Members_ZVye4Xx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

No Buggier then, Android or One UI. I feel like all these OS's are getting buggier these days... But the fact that Apple's IOS works well proves that this whole carrier specific, delayed way of doing things is at the very least, avoidable. 

0 Likes
Techy112
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Works well, but theyve already been sued for slowing down phones with updates, will never buy an apple device from those sleazy losers, samsung was put under the microscope aswell in regards to that and no such software obsolescence was found... so unlike apple, they dont force their users to buy the newest phone
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @Sandeep1984, as mentioned in the thread, the updates are different for each region, and are modified by each subsidiary, and network provider to include specific features.  

0 Likes
ashZ_au
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
So when we are getting android 12 in S21 Ultra in Australia ?