Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S23 Ultra Messenger Problem

(Topic created on: 05-03-2023 05:34 AM)
JayGP
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Before posting I tried all the basic troubleshooting of the device and/or router

The problem I encounter are the ff. on Facebook Messenger App:

Stuck at "Waiting for network" and/or "Connecting"

Can receive audio and video calls, but can't answer

I can send a text and also receive but can hardly send, delayed about 5-8 seconds before the message is sent

I can't view images that is sent to me by anyone

That is all as far as I know, hoping this can be resolve. Thank you. 
10 Comments
VergeW
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I believe this issue is with Messenger as this is happening as well in other mobile devices.
Galaxy S
its metas issue already on news
Cefiro
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I'm using S23-Ultra too and I have no problem with Messenger. I have not noticed anything, and a heavy user of this META app. In fact, I called and received calls from Amsterdam multiple occasions yesterday. I shared photos, screenshot, videos, internationally. No problem.

I suggest "uninstall" Messenger of your phone, then download the latest version as required, undergoing the password screening, of course.
0 Likes
Members_veZBBXK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

It is weird because I have had my S23Ultra since it hit the shelves and all was great with facebook until yesterday when I am getting the same thing. I uninstalled and re-installed but still doing it. Very strange but I think it is something with facebook as everything else works fine

Cefiro
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Agree, Facebook app maybe to blame. Check on your other favorite app, if they work fine.. yan, you know what's in trouble. Facebook/Meta had been facing lot of problems these past few years, as they are into censorship issues.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hello JayGP,

We appreciate you  trying out basic troubleshooting steps in order to solve the issues of your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra having multiple messenger app issues ranging from connectivity to receiving audio and video calls but not answering, to delayed sending and receiving messages and not being able to view images that have been received, and we are sorry to hear that.

Having similar issues on my device will not only get me worried, but it will also affect how I use it, so I know what you are feeling right now.

Before you try out the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps (Messenger) are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.
Step 2. Tap on Download and install.
Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 4. Restart your device.

Check and enable the Permission Manager.

Step 1. Tap on Settings.
Step 2. Tap on Apps.
Step 3. Open the Menu.
Step 4. Tap on Permission manager.
Step 5. Choose a Permission.
Step 6. Choose the Messenger app.
Step 7. Choose Allow or Deny (includes, Call logs, Camera, Contacts, Location, Microphone, Phone, SMS etc.)
Step 8. You can choose one of following: 
  • Allow all the time: the application accesses this data, even when it is not in use.
  • Allow only while using the app
  • Ask every time
  • Deny

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-manage-the-notifications-and-permissions-of... 

Note: Denying certain permissions may affect the operation of some applications. In this case, a notification may appear.

If that doesn't fix the problem, you may submit an error report through the Samsung Members app as follows:

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.

Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category "Application".

Step 4. Describe the problem in details and SEND.

How to submit an error report on Samsung Members app? | Samsung PH

If the issue persists, you may bring your device to the nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center in your area. Rest assured that your device will undergo an assessment to pinpoint the root cause of the issue. They may guide you and offer solutions to restore it.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

or book an appointment with the Samsung Members app as follows:

Support > Book an appointment to set one.

Should you need further assistance and guidance, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Be sure to click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" when you find our answers helpful to you.

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.
0 Likes
jolapatola
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi Im using Samsung S23. Ive updated my OS just awhile ago and did reboot my phone but I can't view GIFs and photos sent to me in Messenger. Although im connected to the internet, it's still not showing up. Just indicating "sent a photo." Or "sent a GIF."

I tried check using other phones with the same internet (i have iphone7 and huwaei) but I can see them in Messenger. What should I do?
0 Likes
Annier1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I too am using s23ultra ... 2 days old ... messenger is my problem ... can send & receive text messages, can send photos to some friends but not others, can see photos sent to me by some friends, but not others.  Have tried all suggested fixes.... nothing has helped. 

0 Likes
mikeoh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same with my S23 ultra, just now I cant send photos with messenger. It just happened. I tried using my iphone with same network and it does send photos.
0 Likes