Original topic:

scratches in s21 ultra stock screen protector

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 10:29 PM)
CSkyhawk
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I've had my s21 ultra for a day, got the best cover I could find for it and it came with a pre-installed screen protector. It has quite a few scratches already which is fine as it's on the screen protector, which I know I should replace with a better one soon. But two or three of the scratches are pixely, or show rgb colours. Basically they're coloury, and I'm really scared that they might be on the actual screen. I haven't taken it off to check, and I've been very careful with my phone. I think the only  cause of the scratches would be my nails (aren't sharp) or the metal zipper on my shorts. Can anyone help, or does anyone have a  similar experience? Also, which company has the best screen protectors for the s21 utlra?
6 Comments
Galaxy S
Belive me when I say this,You wont get a better screen protectors than the one that comes preinstalled with the phone. I removed mine after seeing a scratch on it (like the one you had)and I've bought many from online and other retail shops but none are good.

There are some tempered glass screen protector thats worth 100+$, like the whitestone dome tempered glass, they are good. Normal tempered glass wont let the fingerprint sensor work properly.
Circuitpass
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
When a film/ plastic screen protector gets scratched, if deep enough can refract light causing such "RGB light" effect. You should be fine though I do recommend a tempered glass protector or a hydrogel variant
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @CSkyhawk, as mentioned by @Circuitpass, I've seen cases where the scratch on the screen protector was refracting light.

However, do note that this is difficult to 100% confirm over the computer and without taking off the original protector. 

Galaxy S
Im using the silicone case from samsung for my s21 ultra, the raised edges will protect your display from accidental drops.
If it wasnt for this i
https://www.samsung.com/au/mobile-accessories/galaxy-s21-ultra-5g-silicone-cover-black-ef-pg998tbegw...
Galaxy S
If your afraid of coloue pixel problem on the phone ....
Then try this first ......then think of changing the screen protector

First try the colour panels test via opening in your phone dialer app and dial *#0*# and look for the colour panels and switch through them a few times to see if this jolts the pixels back into life.
0 Likes
Clairelara
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

Yes, the stock screen protector scratches easily and I was fed up using it, so I removed it and I bought a Gadgetshieldz screen protector which is installed with a liquid that provides an extra layer of protection for your display. Also, this film protector has a self-healing feature that heals most of the scratches that occur on it so this could be helpful for you.

0 Likes