Original topic:

Fold 4 wifi stops working when unfolded

(Topic created on: 01-12-2024 02:35 PM)
Scott_thewspot
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z

Greetings,

An issue started today where my phone will lose wifi when it is unfolded. If I try to turn wifi off and on it never detects any AP connections nearby and never connects.

If I fold it closed and toggle wifi off and on again it finds and connects to wifi AP's right away, then unfold and the wifi connection gets dropped

This looks like a hardware issue perhaps, but does anyone have any suggestions other than "turn it off and on" and "do a network reset" which haven't made any difference?

Thanks

Scott

6 Comments
Galaxy Z

It looks like it might be the same issue as this post: Has anyone else had this issue with their Z Fold4s - Samsung Members

0 Likes
Galaxy Z

Now there's a new issue... when it's folded the bluetooth keeps resetting every 30 seconds or so, but work fine when unfolded (so opposite of wifi issue)

...and causes my watch battery to last around 5 hours because it's constantly reconnecting to the phone bluetooth or wifi

0 Likes
Samsung_NhJ6jJs
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

You have my exact same issue. Everything keeps connecting and disconnecting, bluetooth and wifi. Watch battery lasts so little and my buds pro just keep connecting and disconnecting as well. Everything started to fail so suddenly. 

0 Likes
Troubadour
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Z
Seems more like an issue that should be considered by Samsung Support. Bottom right of Community page, click on Support and review options.
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
I sent it in for repair and it looks like they replaced the whole shell under warranty and just put my main logic board/storage back in. Same IMEI and sn#, but totally new screens and case with all the protective plastic still attached. Works fine and the hinge feels a LOT smoother than before, so I wonder if there was a design tweak in that as well
0 Likes
Z4usersAtoZ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
I had my Galazy Z4 fold stopped connecting to WiFi. I took it to Samsung Service centre. I was told it will take 3 to 5 days to fix. I was then told to pay AUD 930 because they need to change home and screen because WiFi is not working because of these. The screen was in almost new condition but was told that Honge has got damage. I don't recall if I have ever dropped the phone and there is not any visible sign either. Just a hardly visible scratch.
I am really disappointed from their excuses and have decided not to repair the phone by paying them AUD 930.
0 Likes