Original topic:

Z Fold 3 Ui

(Topic created on: 08-03-2022 03:06 PM)
LouZFold3Issues
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

I have had 3 updates to my FOLD Z 3 in Australia in the last 2 or 3 months and it has completely stuffed up my phone - it was working great until these update now it FREZZES regularly, closes apps and opens apps on it own, doesn't re-start for shut down, a lot of the time completely unresponsive

I have contacted Samsung Level 1 support several times and essentially told me to do a factory re-boot.

I have tried to reset all setting and that worked for a bout a week and now I am back to where I started from - instead of me wiping ALL my data when is SAMSUNG GOING TO FIX these issues??????

I do not want to do a factory reboot because of mistakes Samsung made and potentially may never get my photos back although I have backed up to Google and Samsung cloud

0 Likes
4 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi there, thanks for reaching out.

For issues such as this, I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

LouZFold3Issues
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
I can do that but i have called level 1 support several times and they told me no more can be done apart from a factory reboot which I won't do as I can't bring back my.photos to the gallery e cept 1 x 1 and I use my.phone for work, and I have priceless photos I can never replace on my phone
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
If you manually back up the photos to a pc, you can bring them back manually after doing a factory reset.
Yes, factory reset is a massive pain, but sometimes OTA's can and do go awry.
You can also use Samsung SmartSwitch on a PC to back up, but I would still suggest manually backing up photos and any other data, just in case.
That's if you don't wish to use OneDrive to back up, you could also use Google Drive to back up photo's so you don't lose them.

With the suggestion from @SamsungLaura, this allows the team to go through and see what has caused the issues you're having, and possibly find a solution.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @LouZFold3Issues, I recommend backing up your device to alternative storage options such as a hard drive, cloud, or another device. 

For more information on how to back up your device: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/back-up-samsung-device/