Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Android, on your car display: Using Android Auto with your Samsung Galaxy

(Topic created on: 03-22-2023 01:02 PM)
ichanmrg
Options
Others

Actual photo of Android Auto running on a Ford SYNC3 infotainment system.

Did you know that your Samsung Galaxy device can be your copilot while driving?

Android Auto is a convenient way to stay connected while on the road. It allows you to use your Android device's apps and features on your car's infotainment system. It allows the driver to make and receive phone calls and messages, use navigation apps with voice-over, and play music hands-free.

Personally, it is by far one of the most used features of my Samsung Galaxy S23+.

To run Android Auto on your car, here are the requirements and steps you need to follow:

Requirements:
  • A Samsung Galaxy device running Android 6.0 or higher.
  • Android Auto app installed in your Samsung Galaxy device from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead
  • A car with an infotainment system compatible with wired/wireless Android Auto. Most modern cars have an updated infotainment system that supports Android Auto. To check if your car's infotainment system works with Android Auto, check your infotainment system's manuals or the car brand's website for more information.
  • A high-quality USB cable to connect your phone to the car. If you have a wireless Android Auto infotainment system, there is no need for a USB cable.
Steps:
  • Connect your Samsung Galaxy device to the car's USB port using a compatible USB cable. If you have a wireless Android Auto infotainment system and prefer connecting your Samsung Galaxy device wirelessly, connect your Samsung Galaxy device by searching for the infotainment system through Bluetooth.
  • If prompted on your phone, select "Allow" to grant permission for Android Auto to access your phone's features.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions on your car's infotainment system to set up Android Auto and customize your preferences.
Once set up, you can access Android Auto on your car's infotainment system and use your phone's apps, music, and other features safely while driving. No more unsafe fiddling with your phone while driving!Even better, thanks to Samsung Galaxy devices' speedy chipsets and advanced wireless capabilities, running Android Auto is fast and easy with no lags!

Some of my favorite Android Auto apps are Waze for navigation and Apple Music for entertainment. In my example photo, you can see that Waze and Apple Music can be used side-by-side thanks to the recent Coolwalk UI update of Android Auto.

Waze and Apple Music on Android Auto with the Coolwalk UI

Of course, you can use your favorite apps in Android Auto! Check out your favorite apps' Play Store pages if it does have an Android Auto app counterpart.

With your Samsung Galaxy device, driving now can be even safer, more fun, and more exciting with Android Auto!

To learn more about Android Auto, check this out:https://www.android.com/auto/
12 Comments
Jcsc08
Beginner Level 2
Others
Hi! How were you able to get Android Auto Coolwalk on your phone? My S23 Ultra has no Coolwalk yet
0 Likes
Others
Hi! Make sure you join the Android Auto's beta program. Then, clear the cache of the Android Auto app. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
hrenmalin
Active Level 1
Others

I would not be distracted by the android interface. Today I want to tell you about the avandacar.org website, which has become my trusted guide to road safety. I recently read an article on safe driving techniques and got a lot of helpful tips on how to properly sit behind the wheel, use seat belts, and prevent accidents on the road. Now I try to always follow these tips and make the road safer for myself and other road users.

0 Likes