Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

google assistant on galaxy waxth 4

(Topic created on: 12-14-2021 10:18 AM)
JoeyMA
Active Level 4
Options
Samsung Smart Switch
it's been over 3 months now since galaxy watch 4 launched and still no google assistant, where is it ??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Smart Switch

Hi @JoeyMA, In Australia, Google Assistant will be available on the Galaxy Watch4 series within the comings months. Please keep an eye out on our socials and website for further updates. 

View solution in context

10 Comments
Samsung Smart Switch
Fair question, but maybe should be directed at Google as its their assistant.

Personally, I feel they might be holding back until they launch their own watch.
0 Likes
JoeyMA
Active Level 4
Samsung Smart Switch
samsung partners with google, they know what's happening with assistant
Samsung Smart Switch
They already have bixby. So I guess if they've to put google assistant probably that means the either of the one would be there. But giving a choice to choose from would be great for the users
JoeyMA
Active Level 4
Samsung Smart Switch
who seriously bought a smart watch to use bixby!!!!! smasung even said google assistant was coming ...
Solution
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Smart Switch

Hi @JoeyMA, In Australia, Google Assistant will be available on the Galaxy Watch4 series within the comings months. Please keep an eye out on our socials and website for further updates. 

Snowy76
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Smart Switch
Hi @samsunglaura, any update on coming months? Its been 2 months since your reply, i am starting to loose faith in Samsung, I upgraded to the watch 4 from the Galaxy watch so I could have Google assistant. I'm now thinking I wasted my money.
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Smart Switch

Hi @Snowy76, unfortunately I cannot confirm an exact time frame on when this will be available. Rest assured, the update is definitely coming to the Watch4 series and will be announced on our social media channels when it is ready. 

0 Likes
AnthM
Active Level 4
Samsung Smart Switch
There was a huge update today, but it still didn't include Google Assistant, just more features for Bixby. It also made the battery life worse (probably due to all of these new background processes running that I won't use), and basic features like "touch screen to wake" no longer work in power saving mode like it used to. So far, I am not impressed by this update as it didn't deliver the promised Google Assistant and instead of improving battery life, it seems to have made it worse.
Snowy76
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Smart Switch
Hi @samsunglaura, any update yet. Has been more than six months since it came to market with the promise of Google assistant comming soon, soon turned to the comming months and now silence. Still nothing said anywhere on the internet. I'm seeing more about the galaxy watch 5 than Google assistant. Very disappointing. All promise no deliver with Samsung these days.
0 Likes