Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung A52s 5G weak mobile signal

(Topic created on: 12-28-2023 10:45 AM)
CodeGix
Active Level 1
Options
Support

Hello guys, I've been experiencing weak signal issues with my Samsung A52s 5G for quite some time. Consistently, I only get about 2 bars of signal at my location, and sometimes it drops to 'no service'. This issue persisted even when I was using OneUI 5 with Android 13. I hoped that updating to OneUI 6, which might came with a new modem driver release might fix the issue but unfortunately, it did not. After the update to OneUI 6 (Android 14) that I received yesterday, I'm still facing the same weak signal issue, having the same 2 signal bars or below, and sometimes resulting in 'no service'. I've already tried wiping the cache and factory resetting multiple times, so please don't suggest these as solutions again. Here is a screenshot from an app called Signal Strength on my A52s 5G, showing the current signal status:

For comparison, I also tested the Honor X9b. This phone just released 2 months ago and I bought it from my brother as secondhand. Using the same SIM cards in identical locations, the Honor X9b consistently shows stronger signal strength, sometimes even reaching a full bar for the second SIM, as you can see in the video.

I suspect Samsung might have an issue with the modem drivers. I recall experiencing a similar signal issue with my old Samsung Note 3, which was resolved after flashing the custom EU modem. That was a long time ago, and I don't want to risk triggering the Knox security feature and losing some of the phone's features by doing something similar with this phone. For your information, the Samsung A71 belongs to my wife seems to be affected by a similar problem (2-3 bars) but it never drop to 1 or no service. It might be that my carrier has stopped supporting some of your 4G bands for samsung devices but what is the solution on this?

Additional notes:

• I am using Digi and XOX as my carriers, with the Digi SIM card always in SIM1 and XOX in SIM2.
  • Both phones were reset to factory settings before conducting these tests.
  • The Samsung A52s 5G is running on Android 14 with OneUI 6.
  • The Honor X9b is running on Android 13 with MagicOS 7.2.
7 Comments
Support
Same here. I just enabled the Wi-Fi Calling feature since I don't really text or call as much.
0 Likes
CodeGix
Active Level 1
Support

I mean, a basic feature of a mobile phone is texting and calling. What if I don't have wifi connection outside. Sometimes it's very hard for people to hear my voice, and sometimes they can't make calls due to the weak signal from my phone. How can this be call a phone. What are you telling me is the feature of a tablet/computer.

0 Likes
bellaz
Beginner Level 2
Support
UkimInternet_20231229_003939_9_76_1703781588.jpg
0 Likes
CodeGix
Active Level 1
Support

What is this ?

0 Likes
CodeGix
Active Level 1
Support

Update: I just switched to a new SIM card from Digi to Umobile, and it's still the same issue. I believe I'm not the only one having this problem (saw a few people complain about the same thing). Can any Samsung representative reply here for a temporary workaround? Maybe release a custom modem for us to keep using this phone. It's not easy to reproduce this weak signal if your location is very near the phone tower.

I mean, the phone constantly drops its signal when staying a little far from the phone tower (but the other phones work well). 

This phone Samsung A52s 5G is not useable right now due to this issue. 

Members_1tcsf0v
Beginner Level 2
Support

Hi, i have the same problem, the best option i found (after reset network settings, factory reset, new sim, new carrier, boot without sim and wifi, manually set apn, clear cache from recovery) was to change csc to GCF, disable cidmanager from adb and set Preferred Network to LTE only.

I described my whole process in xda with the title [SOLVED] Poor/Weak signal after update

0 Likes
diRaf46
Active Level 1
Support

Salam saya dari Indonesia.

Saya juga mengalami masalah seperti Anda.

Sinyal 4G A52s saya hanya mentok 2bar.

Sedangkan di HP lain dengan operator yang sama, sinyal 4G bisa full,stabil,normal.

4G Berlaku normal&full bar pada semua merk HP kecuali A52s saya.

0 Likes