Original topic:

Tablet S6 will not charge

(Topic created on: 05-01-2022 12:36 AM)
Members_RAo5R94
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

My samsung s6 tablet will not charge through the samsung charger. It will only charge through a usb port on my laptop. A repeat of a problem from about 18 months ago.

I bought a new samsung charger and cable, but the problem persisted. 

The tablet either makes no response to insertion of the plug, or gives a message that the device is not compatible.  Of course, the 'device' connected is a samsung charger.

The port is not faulty, because I can charge through a usb port (slowly). 

In desperation, last time, I tried a solution found on-line, of pressing the off button simultaneously with the volume up button for 30 seconds, inserting the cable, etc, etc. 

To my astonishment, it worked!  

However, this time the weird procedure only worked for a few seconds.  This is a very frustrating problem - does anyone have a solution? 

0 Likes
6 Comments
Johnny1952
Beginner Level 3
Tablets
Can you help.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Tablets
I am puzzled, as merely another user, why are you asking these questions on a post about problems charging a device? If you have a genuine question surely you can create your own post ideally identifying what you are talking about.
Johnny1952
Beginner Level 3
Tablets
Look again I found the number I didn't share matters to other's, go buy a new charger but I found out what I wanted to know and spoke directly with someone and telling you everything about copyright
0 Likes
Tablets
I must have had something bad because I have no idea what John wrote 😵 😵

Have you tried using different combinations of cables and chargers? It sounds like a charging port issue tbh. Especially if those cables/chargers are able to charge your other devices
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Tablets

Hi there, I had a few things I would like you to check to see if this resolves the issue. 

1. Do the chargers (cable and plug) work to charge other devices?

2. Have you tried a different power outlet

3. Have you checked whether your Tab S6 has dust that may be obstructing the cable from properly connecting to your device? 

If the issue persists, suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

Alternatively, if your device still does not charge after checking these steps,  I recommend for you to head into your nearest authorised service centre with your proof of purchase so that we can take a closer look into this. Please be aware that due to our Privacy Policy, your device may be factory reset before being assessed. I highly recommend backing up your device via Smart Switch, OneDrive and/or Google to ensure none of your data is lost.

For more information on how to back up your device: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/back-up-samsung-device/

To book an appointment prior to heading in-store or to drop off your device via Australia Post: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/your-service/main 

To find your nearest store: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/

0 Likes
Members_RAo5R94
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

The chargers (2), cables (2), power outlet and usb port have no fault or dirt. The tablet now alternates these two messages 'usb device connected', 'usb device disconnected' - persisting with these 2 mesages (alternating quickly between the two), even after the usb cable is removed from the inlet port.

There is no such alternating messaging triggered when plugged into laptop for charging. If the laptop is sleeping, the tablet messages 'usb device connected', but begins charging after the laptop is woken up. 

0 Likes