Original topic:

Q930b soundbar automatically switching from HDMI to "TV ARC"

(Topic created on: 08-31-2022 04:10 PM)
TheTomAustralia
Beginner Level 2
Options
TV & Audio

Hi all

I recently purchased a Q930B soundbar which is hooked up to my older Panasonic Plasma TV to the HDMI ARC port.

An Apple TV is connected to the soundbar's HDMI input to ensure I can get Atmos direct from the ATV to the soundbar (only eARC can pass on Atmos I'm told).

When I turn on the Apple TV using the Apple TV remote, the soundbar and TV also turn on and the picture from the ATV is displayed for a few seconds (with "HDMI" showing on the soundbar's display).

The soundbar then switches automatically to "TV ARC" and the screen goes black. The only way I can then get the ATV picture to show is manually turning the input on the soundbar back to the "HDMI" input.

Is there any way to fix this so the soundbar doesn't switch inputs?

7 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
TV & Audio

Hi @TheTomAustralia, could you confirm:

1. Apple TV connected to soundbar via HDMI 1. 

2. Connect soundbar to the ARC port on TV. 

3. Change TV source to the relevant source that the soundbar is connected to. 

0 Likes
TheTomAustralia
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

1. Yes Apple TV is connected to the HDMI port

2. Yes, soundbar is connected from eARC/ARC HDMI port to TV's ARC HDMI port.

3. TV source is correct - there is nothing else connected to the TV and the TV displays the Apple TV picture for a second or so before the soundbar switches inputs.

This is definitely a behaviour of the soundbar, the soundbar display says "HDMI" when the Apple TV is switched on and shows an image on the scveen for 2 seconds, the SOUNDBAR then switches to "TV ARC" input.

There should be a setting in the app to choose a default input so it doesn't keep on switching like this.

SamsungLaura
Options
TV & Audio

Hi @TheTomAustralia, in that case, I suggest sending through your proof of purchase and details to the following email so that I can arrange for Level 2 support from our team. 

To: members.au@samsung.com

Subject: SamsungLaura - Soundbar switching from HDMI to TV Arc

Detail:

Attach proof of purchase

Attach picture of compliance plate

Name

Email

Contact Number

Preferred Call Back Time

8am-5pm

State of residence

Model

Serial Number

Product Issue

Trouble Shooting so far

• Cold reboot

0 Likes
luchino162
Beginner Level 3
TV & Audio

I have the same issue with a Samsung Soundbar Q710B, Apple TV 4K and Samsung TV Q70T.

Did you find a solution?

SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hello @luchino162

I am sorry that you are also having this issue with your TV . I would like to look into this for you.
If you could send an email through to members.au@samsung.com I will have this issue escalated for you.

Subject Title: SamsungClaudette – TV and audio device connectivity issue<----Please post this in the Email Subject as well as your community handle.

Name

Email

Contact Number

Preferred Call Back Time

8am – 5pm

State of residence

Model

Serial Number

Product Issue

Trouble Shooting Provided

• Cold reboot
  • Restart
  • Factory Reset

Kind regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
jeanpierros
Beginner Level 4
TV & Audio

Hello. I have the same issue. With 990b

how to fix the bug ?

thanks,

jp

0 Likes
jeanpierros
Beginner Level 4
TV & Audio

@SamungLaura
Since I got not reply from there, I sent an email to the support.

Solution should be explained here for other people with that (very very very) boring issue.

have a good day

0 Likes