Did you mean: 

Original topic:

[Q] Software Update

(Topic created on: 02-09-2022 04:44 PM)
Gaelio
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
With the recently concluded Galaxy Unpacked 2022, it is said that Samsung is stepping up their game with software update support. From 3 major os updates to 4 major os updates for flagship devices and some selected midrange devices. The question is, by chance, will some of the A series device launched and sold last year be a part of the 4 major os update by Samsung or we just have to find out during the long run?
10 Comments
Galaxy A
I think we just have to find out in the long run. But here's to hoping A users would be included!
0 Likes
Gaelio
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Most likely, either way I can build a ROM from source in a matter of days but that's outside Samsung's scope as it's going to be considered an aftermarket OS(Android skin)
0 Likes
RachelJayne
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
According to rumors, there will be 4 years of Android upgarde support and 5 years of regular security updates to the following devices:

S22, s22+, s22 ultra, tab s8, tab s8+, s22, s21+, s21 ultra, s21 fe, z fold3, z flip3

Also, expected to be included are note20, note20 ultra, s20, s20+, s20 ultra, s20 fe
0 Likes
Gaelio
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Of course, flagship devices would receive such treatment. We have yet to find out if the midrangers would have the same treatment
0 Likes
RachelJayne
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
One thing is official, that those devices bearing android 9 will now have 3 mpre major updates support.
0 Likes
Gaelio
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I doubt. My galaxy A50 which ship android 9 out of the box was stuck to one ui 3.1
0 Likes
Galaxy A
We can only just wait for the final list. 😄
0 Likes
Gaelio
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
That's probably the game we play🥲🤣
0 Likes
Gallighster
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I've read somewhere—on some random techy site—that Galaxy A series will also be included. However, still not an official announcement from Samsung, so let's just wait! 🤞
0 Likes