Original topic:

Is this some kind of screen burn-in?

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 07:02 PM)
TAVAN
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey guys——especially for Note20 Ultra series users. Please check the condition of your phone screen. My N20U produces a large special bright spot in gray background (not visible under the * # 0 * # test mode three primary colors and pure white), and can clearly distinguish the outline of the fingerprint sensor. 

Is this a kind of burn-in screen? I found that some non-Australian N20U users also have the same problem. If you google [ note20 ultra gluegate ], you'll see that they're all very similar problems. Please you guys check your phone whether have this screen problem or not, such as use Chrome under darkmode.

By the way, complain about the. Samsung Australia repair center (Techwork). I discovered this problem two months ago. I first handed it to the Samsung service center and then the technician told me that everything was fine with the phone. At that time BNE was under Covid-19 lockdown and I needed my phone, so I didn't give it to them a second time soon. This problem has been bothering me more and more recently. A week ago I decided to give it to the service center for the second time and told them that I would provide evidence of the screen problem if the repair center contact me. However, without anyone giving me feedback, I was told that the repair was completed?! When I got the test report and my phone, I was told that [ The phone is fine and the problem cannot be repeated ], but the problem still exists on the phone. I hope a Samsung staff member can help me.
Samsung_VKId8tK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Was this resolved? I have the same issue n9w

0 Likes
Thkkporter
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

This is exactly how mine looks and it just started yesterday. How can we fix it? 

ajsinger4
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

My phone also started doing this several days ago, almost completely identical with the lightish box and the dark circles at top and bottom. Additionally, my screen has started flickering as it gets down to <30% brightness

0 Likes
Bimmonds
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I have the exact same burn in literally appeared today out of nowhere, same shape and colour, nothing seems to fix it.

0 Likes
GBorbala
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

The same thing happened to me yesterday all of sudden. Nothing happened prior, my phone didn't fall down, didn't get wet, wasn't under pressure or heat and I didn't use any new/weird apps so I'm very confused.

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @GBorbala, based on what you've described, I recommend for you to head into your nearest authorised service centre with your proof of purchase so that we can take a closer look into this. Please be aware that due to our Privacy Policy, your device may be factory reset before being assessed. I highly recommend backing up your device via Smart Switch, OneDrive and/or Google to ensure none of your data is lost.

For more information on how to back up your device: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/back-up-samsung-device/

To book an appointment prior to heading in-store or to drop off your device via Australia Post: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/your-service/main 

To find your nearest store: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/

0 Likes
TAVAN
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
After half a year, my N20U suffered screen broken, so I had to replace it at my own expense. Amazingly, the burn-in was fixed after replacing the screen. This makes me more convinced it's a hardware failure, not something that can be fixed by updating the firmware or resetting the phone. So you should go to the customer center as soon as possible and show the staff what I'm talking about.20220411_123343_3246_1649644426.jpg
0 Likes
jmarquesh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

US Galaxy 20 Ultra owner here. Mine is also showing this burn-in or whatever it is. It started suddenly today. It doesn't look like there is another option than going to a service center, right?

0 Likes
TAVAN
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
After half a year, my N20U suffered screen broken, so I had to replace it at my own expense. Amazingly, the burn-in was fixed after replacing the screen. This makes me more convinced it's a hardware failure, not something that can be fixed by updating the firmware or resetting the phone. So you should go to the customer center as soon as possible and show the staff what I'm talking about.20220411_123343_3246_1649644426.jpg
0 Likes
syska93
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Has the source of the issue been found as yet?

Exactly the same (shape and colour) thing appeared on my screen yesterday. It is still showing in safety mode and is clearly visible on green and red screen check.

Can anything be done about it?

0 Likes