Original topic:

Note 20 ultra very disappointing

(Topic created on: 11-24-2021 07:26 PM)
TikoR
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
I "upgraded" from a Galaxy S10  to a Note 20 Ultra ,hoping to get a better device with the addition of an S pen. Well the S pen is the only good thing about this phone. The S10 had better phone and data reception and in my opinion a better camera. Does anyone know of a fix or app to improve these issues?
3 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @TikoR, could you clarify what issues you have been experiencing with the camera? 

As for reception issues, I would suggest checking the following:

Firstly I would recommend restarting your device to see if this makes a difference. Please also check your location as some areas have poor network signals and ensure you know you’re in a strong signal area.

1. Please try replacing your SIM card with a spare (if you have) to see if the device can read other SIM cards.

2. You may also want to try resetting network settings [Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings > RESET NETWORK SETTINGS].

3. Please try clearing the App data from the phone app. (Settings > Apps > Phone > Storage > Clear data).

4. Please check that the devices software is up to date [Settings > Software update > Download and install].

7. If the issue persists, please put the phone into Safe Mode [Restart > Hold volume down until lock screen shows Safe mode] and check again. You can tell if you are in Safe Mode as it will be written in the bottom left corner of the screen. If you can see that there is no longer a problem in Safe Mode, then you must have installed an app which is interfering with the phones functionality. You will need to identify and remove the third party app before you are able to use the phone functionality again. To exit safe mode please restart the phone.

If the issue persists, we would like to look into this further for you however we require you to please send through a log file within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring

You can do this by sending through another Error Report through Samsung Members however please make sure, to tap the Send system log data tick and before you tap Send. This part is important as without an error report we may not be able to find the reason for the issue.

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

NOTE: Please don't close the Samsung Members app until you receive a Error Report Sent notification in the notification panel.

TikoR
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi Laura, thank you for your detailed reply, I will try the options that I haven't already tried and see if that makes a difference. My problem with reception is in areas of poor reception I'm getting little or no reception whereas the S10 I used to have had better reception in the same areas(for example on one 3 acre property I work at. This has been tested during different weather conditions). I thought a newer and larger phone may have had better reception. The camera issue is focusing, I'm a horticulturist and take lots of flower close ups, the Note 20 seems to struggle to do this where the S10 worked quite well.
Regards
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @TikoR, thanks for the additional details. Please try the following steps to reset your camera and let me know how you go:

1. Camera > Settings (Gear icon) > Reset settings > Reset. 

2. Check if your software is up to date. 

Settings > Software update > Install

As an additional note, are you using Photo or Pro mode? 

For Photo mode, I would suggest taking the photo from approximately 30cm away from the subject or more and seeing if it can autofocus from there. 

Alternatively, you can use Pro mode where there is an option for manual focus. 

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/using-pro-mode/ 

If you are still having focus issues after this, I suggest sending through an error report with photo examples, and log data attached so that our team may look further into this. 

To do this:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.