Original topic:

Samsung class action for distributing broken software

(Topic created on: 05-23-2022 03:24 PM)
matt_b
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
After dealing with a software broken samsung note 10 that costany freezes since the first android 12 update in January I am looking for people willing to join a class action to sue samsung for distributing broken software to their flagship phones this is unacceptable behaviour for any company and samsung should refund all customers they have broken the phones of with bad software updates and to the samsung bot that replys yes i have sent bug report cleared cache and factory restet the phone and yes it ran fine on android 11.
13 Comments
Keithyzz39
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yep Samsung need to be held accountable. In my case they promised monthly updates yet I'm still on the march update which is almost 3 months old. Lying trash company
0 Likes
shadow1998
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
If you got it from a carrier it up to them to push out the update
0 Likes
Keithyzz39
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
It's the unlocked version from samsung so the carriers have nothing to do with it
0 Likes
matt_b
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Same here i bought my phone outright no carrier associated apps or locks. Samsung are just like apple, apple writes software to slow old phone down while samsung just pushes out software that causes your phone to continually crash
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @matt_b, I am sorry to hear you've had ongoing issues with your Note 10. After looking into your report from April, I can see that our team requested you resend another report with log data attached for this to be analysed further.

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

matt_b
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yes i sent that report + logs and many others its obvious once a phone series goes out of warranty samsung no longer care and software breaks phones in the hope people will spend anothe 2 grand on another flagship product
0 Likes
Warner_J
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I agree.. Samsung's latest update and completely made my phone unusable. It freezes as soon as I put my passcode in and then restarts itself over and over again. I've lost everything on that phone, things that were priceless to me.

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @Warner_J, thanks for reaching out. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

0 Likes
CJF
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Lost all my apps and worst of all years worth of photos esp my medical ones. It happened 2nd day into a 17 day road trip though country NSW with all my hotel bookings on it. Had to stop at Glen Innes and go to a phone repair shop and pay $45 just get it open and rebooted. Very upset 😡 Chris
0 Likes