Original topic:

DEX - File Transferring

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 04:28 PM)
Ulkinos
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hello dear people,

Do you know any other way of transferring files from samsung to Mac?
Samsung Dex is doing a very bad job. It freezes, stops or just doesnt do anything 

Thanks
6 Comments
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

Dropbox

Galaxy S
I do not have Mac. Can you plug USB-C cable directly on Mac and your phone? Are you able to gain access from Mac this way? I can access my phone content on my PC through USB-C cable.
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
They did have SideSync, but not sure if you can use it on your phone. I can still use it on my old Galaxy phone. However, I use Samsung Flow all on Windows 10 to transfer files.
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Ulkinos,

Smart Switch allows you to easily transfer contacts, photos, messages, and other types of files. You can even create a backup for your phone's files on your PC or Mac and then transfer or sync your data.

After installing Smart Switch, you can transfer content from your phone and save it on your PC or Mac.

Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable, and then tap Allow on your phone. Next, navigate to and open Smart Switch on your computer, and then click Backup. Your computer will automatically start backing up your phone's data, which may take several minutes. When it's done, a screen will appear informing you it's complete. Click OK.

If your computer doesn’t have a USB-C port, you can use an OTG adapter to connect your phone with the USB cable. Many cables will require an OTG adapter. However, if you have a lightning to USB-C cable or a USB-C to USB-C cable, then you won't need an adapter; it will plug right into your device.
- When you back up your old phone's content on a PC or Mac, the files are automatically stored in a default location (unless you've chosen a different location). Here are the default locations, so you'll know where everything is stored:
Mac OS X: /Users/[username]/Documents/Samsung/SmartSwitch/backup.
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Samsung\Smart Switch PC
Windows 10: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Samsung\SmartSwitch
Ulkinos
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thank you!!!
Galaxy S
here you go!

Screenshot_20210113-184100_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes