Original topic:

S24 Ultra Washed Out Colours

(Topic created on: 02-02-2024 02:39 AM)
MT07Tracer
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I received my phone with this issue as well as many others. It hurts my eyes to view the screen. How many others are experiencing this issue? Will there be a bug fix or is it a hardware related issue?
27 Comments
shosh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have two s24 ultras and both have the washed out colour not impressed
Galaxy S
Device is working as intended. It is due to the new anti reflective screen. Word on the street is it will get fixed with a software update.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
That's wrong.
Only the S24U has the new Gorilla Armour screen and coating.
However, the S24 & S24+ are also using the new colour profiles Samsung has gone with, and thus getting complaints.
0 Likes
Ludo-logy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

It may be fixed in a software update, but I don't think it has anything to do with the anti reflective glass.  I have screen captures of each of their demo photos in both the vivid and natural settings and they are identical, so I don't see how the screen coating would do this.  The attached screen capture show there is little to no difference between the two modes.

Screenshot_20240210_180214_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20240210_180208_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20240210_180257_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20240210_180252_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20240210_180242_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20240210_180237_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
FKnight
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I got this response.The Galaxy S24 series has adjusted colours and brightness for more accurate and comfortable vision while using. We have made some changes to the display technology to offer a more natural viewing experience, so you may notice differences in colour depth when compared to older devices.

This behaviour of the display is an intended colour adjustment and is not a defect of the product, so you can use it with confidence.

Total not acceptable although it is kinda widespread dissatisfaction
MT07Tracer
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
So explain why vivid and natural do not make any changes? The colour is not that great, I much prefer my old device.
FKnight
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
From that response I think they will say...we know better..🤣
0 Likes
MT07Tracer
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
"We know better" will only see devices returned with a high demand of refunds. 🤔 The consumer isn't interested in what the company wants, only what what the consumer wants.
FKnight
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hey hey.... I am not happy myself too.. you took seriously as though I am saying it....😇
0 Likes