Original topic:

Galaxy z flip screen issues

(Topic created on: 02-22-2022 02:06 PM)
Members_wpQZrVJ
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

I need some help as I don't have a phone. A known screen issue occurred with my z flip product. It is widely mentioned online.
Line forming across fold portion of screen. Phone had durable case and was purchased in July last year. No replacement product provided. I was contacted and told it was wear and tear not covered by warranty, told I would have to pay $220 for repair. Unable to speak to local repair team in Australia. Only able to contact call centre overseas.

11 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @there, thank you for reaching out. 

Please send through an email with the following details so that I may investigate further:

To: members.au@samsung.com

Subject: SamsungLaura - Z Flip crack

Detail: Full name, phone number, delivery address, service reference number, proof of purchase, device IMEI

0 Likes
Members_wpQZrVJ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I need an email address to send an official complaints too Samsung Australia.

The customer service has been abysmal and i have been unable to speak to anyone in Australia.  I keep getting put through to a call centre overseas who are unable to support.

Problem with Samsung Z Flip phone purchased in July 2021. Marks appearing on flip portion of screen. Known defect with this type of phone reported by other customers on line. Call Centre have mentioned to me that this is considered wear and tear of product and not a manufacturing defect. They want me to pay $220 to replace screen. The phone had a rigid case and is a flip design so screen damage not reasonable given where the defect has appeared.  Warranty not honored so potential claim under section 54 of the ACL. 

jimmy976
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Agree, customer service is terrible.
They dodge warranty any way they can.
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi there, I have responded to your other post requesting further details. 

0 Likes
Members_dXSrOCw
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I have same issue got line mark first in middle of phone than it got bigger ans top part of screen stop working.

That would worst if samsung refuse to repair free because it is not wear tear .. how phone last only few months ..

SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi there, based on what you've described, I recommend for you to head into your nearest authorised service centre with your proof of purchase so that we can take a closer look into this. Please be aware that due to our Privacy Policy, your device may be factory reset before being assessed. I highly recommend backing up your device via Smart Switch, OneDrive and/or Google to ensure none of your data is lost.

For more information on how to back up your device: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/back-up-samsung-device/ 

To book an appointment prior to heading in-store or to drop off your device via Australia Post: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/your-service/main 

To find your nearest store: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/

0 Likes
MT7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I am having a similar screen issue with my z flip phone. It is widely mentioned online. Line forming across fold portion of the screen and none of the functions works.  Who should I contact in Samsung in the USA for this issue?  Any phone number or email that I can reach out to for help?

SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @MT7, for the US, I suggest contacting Samsung via the following

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/ 

DavidMcL
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I wish I had read about the Flip 3 screen issues before I purchased ! Exactly the same problems as described on this thread and many others. Screen started to wrinkle along middle part where it folds. Over time this became worse and then screen stopped working althogether.

Sent to Samsung for repair. Usual story, warranty declined due to "impact damage". The damage was all along the middle of the screen where it is designed to fold !

Bill of repair sent for £310. Samsung "customer solutions" were awful. Constantly referred to impact damage making warranty invalid - they clearly avoid any discussion of a known problem.

Avoid Samsung folding phones at all costs

0 Likes