Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Virtual RAM (One UI 4.1)

(Topic created on: 04-07-2022 08:00 AM)
メメWOLFメメ
Active Level 7
Options
Support
Question: has anyone noticed your battery draining a bit quicker after increasing the Virtual RAM?

I had mine set to 8GB (forgot I change it) and I noticed a significant battery drain like I'm just scrolling in Gallery and lost about 10% in less than 45 minutes. I just remembered before I changed the Virtual RAM to 8GB I manage to get 9 hours and 30 minutes SOT but after that I'm getting around 6 to 7 hours. 

Just checking if it's just a coincidence or not, coz I honestly liked the extra RAM my A52 4GLTE has 8GB RAM so an extra (slow) Virtual RAM does help with apps not closing.
12 Comments
nighthunter
Active Level 2
Support
I noticed too on my a52 that the battery drains quickly after the 4.1 update i had mine on 4gb virtual ram i didnt change it so i notice the difference
0 Likes
Support
Well after I updated mine to One UI 4.1 I got better battery performance like I'm getting normal 9 hours to 30 minutes SOT without even trying. But when I set the Virtual RAM to 8GB I noticed the battery barely lasted 7 hours SOT, I'm just wondering if others are experiencing this when increasing their virtual RAM
0 Likes
MrApex
Active Level 6
Support
My guess is, Vram, remembers running program in background to make it load faster so maintaining it, needs extra power.
Support
I figure that too, I have to test it out just to make sure coz I dunno what's causing my device to drain that quickly. Battery is still Good though..
0 Likes
MrApex
Active Level 6
Support
My suggestion is, if you rarely use app:
1. just turn off the permissions of a certain app ,
- Data
- Battery
2. Android assistant or any task killer
3. Turn off your Wi-Fi and data connection before sleeping

0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Support

Virtual RAM uses more resources, hence the increased battery drain. Use it sparingly! 

0 Likes
onnan
Active Level 3
Support
Can u disable virtual ram?
0 Likes
kenpercy
Active Level 1
Support
Hi I just update my software and even all my apps were put to sleep even notifications, I slept with a 92% and after 3hours of sleep I already lost 10%. My VR is set into 4gb.
0 Likes
Support
Hmm that's odd, my normal stand by is 1 to 2% battery lost in 7 or 8 hours..

Have you like change anything in the settings like Google Assiatnce or AOD?