Original topic:

Need to charge remote every day

(Topic created on: 11-16-2022 06:57 PM)
Rudij47
Beginner Level 2
Options
TV & Audio

I recently bought a 65inch QLED TV with Solar remote, have had it less than 3 months. The remote doesn't hold charge. It needs charging every single day. Any tips? We're not using voice controls so I don't think voice wake up is activated or draining it. What could be draining the remote's power.

Thanks. :) 

5 Comments
TV & Audio
It might still be listening to commands even if you are not using it.

Have you tried disabling that? Here's the link I found on how to..

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/tv-remote-battery-runs-down-too-fast/
Skizofrenic
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

I got same problem with my remote.

After gettin a new One under warranty i decided to open the defective One.

It had 2 defectives welding at capacitors.

One side was correctly welded, but rear side PIN 1 and 3 missed totally welded contact.

I did them and now After 3 days remote Lost Just 1% battery (before i had -80% in 1 day)

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hello @Skizofrenic

I am sorry that you are also having this issue. I would like to look into this for you. If you could send an email through to members.au@samsung.com I will have this escalated for you.

Subject Title: SamsungClaudette – After 3 days remote Lost Just 1% battery (before i had -80% in 1 day) <----Please post this in the Email Subject as well as your community handle.

Name

Email

Contact Number

Preferred Call Back Time

State of residence

Model

Serial Number

Product Issue

Kind regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
TV & Audio

If I'm having the same issue of the remote draining all of the battery within 1.5 to 2 days where should I reach to. Sometimes I have to use SmartThings remote from my phone because it gets to slow to use the remote when it is very less charged.

0 Likes
Binhdojo
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Hello! I’m having the same issue with my solar remote I got with my 75” NEO. Should I fill out the same form above? Thank you! 

0 Likes