Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Pay not found on Wearable app

(Topic created on: 02-15-2023 10:05 PM)
Tàzlöh
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
Samsung Pay is not found in Samsung Wearable after connect Active 2 to newly set up S23 Ultra 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Chat support unable to help. Now my Active 2 is just a watch.
0 Likes
29 Comments
Tàzlöh
Active Level 3
Wearables
I did thought of that. Initially, my flip 3 has the same issue. This was resolved w a trip to service center. Anyway, I will wait for wearable update or upgrade to w5.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Ur Active 2 is a Singapore set, right?
0 Likes
Tàzlöh
Active Level 3
Wearables
I think so. Is a free gift when I buy the flip 3 🤭
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Oh.. if ur Z Flip 3 is bought locally from Samsung.. so can't be Samsung gave an export Watch set to u.

So probably the only thing I can think of is the Wearable app on One UI 5.1 is bugged..
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Would u be able to check if ur Galaxy Wearable version is the same as mine? If ur version is more updated than mine, then the issue is only happening to the latest version of Galaxy Wearable which is currently available to S23 series.Screenshot_20230215_220629_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Hi, has the latest Feb update fixed ur issue of not seeing Samsung Pay on ur Galaxy Wearable app?
0 Likes
Tàzlöh
Active Level 3
Wearables
Hi...nope. I bought the Watch 5 w the evoucher instead and give away my watch 2 🤭 Samsung Pay is working fine w my W5.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Oh that's great.. now that u can use Samsung Pay on ur new Watch 5 for in-store purchases and transport contactless payment. Not having Samsung Pay on ur watch defeats the purpose of owning a Samsung Watch and lose out on earning Samsung Reward pts from contact less payment.

Hope the next owner of that Active 2 is able to see Samsung Pay on his/her Wearable app. Not sure if it's the compatibility issue with S23 series.
Tàzlöh
Active Level 3
Wearables
My part time helper is happy w the W2 tho Samsung pay is not working as her phone is not local set.

W5 will be even beta if we do not need to activate SP before tapping but am just glad is working fine.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
That's kind of u to pass it to ur helper. 😇 Yeah for non-local set, whether Samsung Pay works or not for the watch, doesn't matter.

Hope that 1 day, fingerprint sensor can be embedded into the back button for authentication method, instead of using pattern or PIN.