Original topic:

a50

(Topic created on: 08-28-2019 09:10 AM)
amd223
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Anyone else having a50 issues? Backstory:
Bought my phone 2 months ago, brand new from my provider. After 2 weeks it started doing weird things. My flashlight turned on when it wanted to, but didn't work when you tried turning it on. It stopped fast charging, and would shut off at 48% and only turn on if you plugged it in. Took it to my provider as I have a warranty through them, they told me it's a software issue and has to go through Samsung. They didn't have a loaner phone so I had to find a phone to use in the meantime, so sent it in myself. Before I sent it in, it started "overheating" and would shut off. Did some troubleshooting through Samsung chat, and when I did it it told me to unplug my phone (wasn't plugged in) and then told me not to charge it or use it and it was shutting off because it's a fire risk. So I used it a total of 3 weeks. Sent it in last week, and today am told it's corroded and liquid damage. The phone didn't see water.. googled it and the us community had a TON of posts about the same issues. I now have to pay them to get my phone back, and then take to my provider to pay to replace my brand new phone. Told Samsung to literally google a50 over heating and he would see all the issues with this phone. Just curious if anybody else had issues with a50 or even a20 cuz I read alot of that too. 
0 Likes
2 Comments
Steve_123
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

So far, so good with mine.

Sounds like you are being jerked around on the warranty.    Is it against community riles to name the provider?   Would be nice to inform users how well they service customers when there is a problem.

0 Likes
amd223
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
they sent mine to futuretel I think it's called, in Markham. from what I could find on them they do warranty work for quite a few phone companys. but they send me some pictures and looks like its the charging port thats corroded and a few random spots, but also looks burnt in another spot which they wouldnt address. ive owned samsungs for the last 10 plus years and only ever bought 2 new. never had an issue until this one. my provider (koodo) is great, same with their warranty company. I pay 130 and will have a new phone shipped out and received tomorrow. but I'm a little bummed that I have to pay a total of 165 plus tax (35 plus to futuretel to get my phone back and then the 130 plus for a new phone) when I was only able to use it for 3 weeks.
0 Likes