Original topic:

Good Lock: Task Chamger

(Topic created on: 02-27-2020 11:39 PM)
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
I have a Galaxy Note 10+, runningAndroid 10. I have Good Lock installed. When you turn on task changer, the One UI 2.0 animations no longer work. The animations revert back to the old animations. When you turn off task changer, the One UI 20 animations work again. Please fix, as I would like to use Task Changer, but not at the cost of the One UI 2.0 animations.

Thanks. 
8 Comments
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy Note

It's not an issue with the app. The app is modified to work with the new android version. You can experiment with new styles under Task changer to have a different experience of the one UI interface.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@Jeremie, actually I've found 2 issues using Good Lock on my Note 10+ running Android 10 and One UI 2.0.

1st issue cause by Task Changer:
When Task Changer is enabled, after a while the swipe down notification from anywhere on screen stops working until I turn Task Changer off then back on again.

2nd issue caused by QuickStar:
I use QuickStar to have my clock in the right corner. On a daily basis I use Samsung Dex and Android Auto, 50% of the time after I disconnect from either of them, my clock ends up in the left corner, I then need to open Good Lock, then QuickStar and then the clock goes back to the right.
0 Likes
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I don't think you understand what I'm saying. If you have Task Changer installed, turn it off, and open an app and close the app. The animation when the app closes, it's the new animation with One UI 2.0. When closing an app, there's an animation of the app shrinking into the app icon, right back to where the app icon is located. Now turn on Task Changer, then open an app and close the app. There's no animation. The screen just fades as the app closes, and then you're on the home screen. This is what happened before the One UI 2.0 update.
0 Likes
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy Note

@Cprice

1. I recommend you to try to uninstall and re-install the Task Changer and Good Lock applications and see if that works.

2. I want to inform you that by default the clock is set on the left top corner. But when the QuickStar is turned 'ON', it displays the Clock Position under indicator settings. When you click on the clock position, it shows the options of left, right and hide to select. when the Quick Star turned 'OFF', the clock will go back to the left corner. 

0 Likes
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy Note

@WallyWest

If possible, could you please share the video showing animations when the task changer is turned ON and after the task changer is turned OFF. It will help me to fix the issue.

0 Likes
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Jeremie

This is not my video, but it shows the difference between the old animations on One UI 1 and the new animations on One UI 2. I am running Android 10 on my Note 10+, so I have the new animations. But when I turn on Task Changer, the new animations stop working. The old animations from One UI 1 on Android 9 come back. So again, I'm on Android 10, and have the new animations working. Only when Task Changer is turned on, the new animations stop working. The YouTube link below shows the comparisons of the new animations vs the old animations. You can clearly see, on the S10+, how closing an app has a new animation on Android 10 and One UI 2, compared to the Note 10+ on One UI 1 with Android 9. With One UI 2, the app shrinks into its app icon when closing the app. But on One UI 1, the app screen just fades out, with no shrinking animation.

https://youtu.be/A9DkF1lOryQ
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy Note

@ WallyWest

OK,

Open settings->advance features->turn off reduce animations.

0 Likes
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Jeremie

Didn't work completely. There is a slight improvement when I close an app. The animation is not the same as One UI 2. But thanks for trying.
0 Likes