Original topic:

RCS (Rich Communication Service)

(Topic created on: 07-06-2022 11:09 AM)
Jess_22
Active Level 6
Options
Apps & Services
Hi Members, it's been awhile since my last post. I wasn't planning to post anything until I saw this post about Samsung Messages RCS feature.
Apparently, user/s is having a problem with their Samsung Messages RCS which makes me think of Google Messages. Tbh, I'm a new Samsung user and android phone has been getting better these days. My default messaging app was Google Messages which is pre-installed to this phone and RCS feature is actually part of Google Services. So when RCS isn't working on Samsung Messages app, we can always use RCS on Google Messages which is the main reason why it was pre-installed on Samsung phone. 
I understand that when we switch to Samsung Messages app (which I like better than Google Messages cuz it has lot more helpful features) RCS phone number registration pop-up which kinda annoying, no matter how many times I tried to register my phone number as an RCS service on Samsung Messages it just won't work (There's someone leaving a comment saying that it works on his phone).
So I think the pre-installed Installed Google Messages was Samsung and Google best solutions so that we can enjoy the best RCS experience ever. Still, for those who manage to register RCS on Samsung Messages and saying that it works like a charm, can you tell me how you did it? That would be wonderful cuz as I said before, I prefer Samsung Messages than Google Messages.
If you have any thoughts or something to say, don't forget to leave your marks at the comment section down below. Until the next one, I'm out of here.
See ya!
7 Comments
Yae_Miko
Expert Level 5
Apps & Services
This ? Screenshot_20220706-112853_Messages.pngScreenshot_20220706-112845_Messages.png
0 Likes
Jess_22
Active Level 6
Apps & Services
More Less, but this is how it looks like on Google Messages.
Screenshot_20220706-105249_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
Erickhigh
Active Level 9
Apps & Services
I haven't seen anybody in my circle are aware of this and use this new service.

IMO, google still has an issue to fix ipon this RCS. The RCS inside google message user should have been activated from the get go, no separate number registration should ever exist because it looks like Google put a gate instead encourage us to try.

I seems to have issue discerning the RCS from regular text message. So I have never use it. Hope google can take care this small issue.
0 Likes
Jess_22
Active Level 6
Apps & Services
It's not a big thing in Indonesia cuz somehow Indonesian I've met used third-party messages app such as WhatsApp, which I don't understand why.
Back in the US, we use the pre-installed messages app and it comes with a built-in iMessage service.
I guess this is what the Android phone (Google) tried to catch up on by bringing the Google RCS, since iMessage is only available exclusively on iPhone. And tbh, iMessage is such a great service I wish available any phone.
0 Likes
Erickhigh
Active Level 9
Apps & Services
Since around 2011 we started whatsapp on multiple OSes back then, and it's been ingrained in our live since then where Google has changed it's Messaging app 13 times reaching 2022. iMessage isn't popular here because only few people uses iPhone.
0 Likes
Jess_22
Active Level 6
Apps & Services
That's the whole point, as a new Android user it's weird that I had to switch devices just to view messages on my phone. Unlike iOS which integrates into all of its devices makes every task easier and more helpful. But Samsung and Microsoft partnership is a quite game-changer, I hope it'll be a blast for Android and Microsoft.
Still, at this time Apple ecosystem is the best. I hope Samsung could beat them very soon.
0 Likes
Erickhigh
Active Level 9
Apps & Services
Added the dex function on S series will elevate the brand. Though Apple ecosystem has been the best so far but others have followed suit. I still wish Google well on it while Microsoft has change it's strategy swiftly and shows result. Hope someday Google would decide to settle down with RCS. It'll be a hilarious joke to see a requiem for RCS in 4 years
0 Likes