Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A71 AMOLED SCREEN ISSUE

(Topic created on: 06-20-2021 08:46 PM)
squalldna
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
My device's black AMOLED display turns bright brownish. It happened 3 times already. Random. I cant determined what caused it. I haven't drop the device nor get it wet. I only have one phone, so i can't send a picture of the screen. Im using darkmode btw so its very noticeable.  First time it occured, i turned the device on and off, but the screen remained brownish.. i left it and forgot about the issue and realized the screen returned back to normal. But now it turned brown again.

UPDATE:
I noticed that even in safe mode the screen still looks brownish. I also noticed that when changing screen brightness manually the issue recur.
When rebooting or turning the screen on and off the samsung logo and boot logos black background still looks brownish. When turning the device to its lowest brightness the screen goes greenish.

I hope this is not a hardware thing.
8 Comments
Galaxy A
Isn't it the eye comfort shield?
TeamGalaxyEvflor
Options
Galaxy A

Hey, squalldna! I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing this kind of issue. No worries, we are going to help you. Sometimes, It's caused by the display's technology. Each individual pixel produces its own light, which gradually dims over time. If an image remains on the screen for many hours, certain pixels get overused and degrade faster, creating discoloration in particular areas.  Please check out this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_kyefoIs1Q I hope it works! If not, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM). We are very willing to help you. Enjoy your day!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Gwapoako
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Same as well in my samsung a71 issue 😓😭
Jingoy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Same issue with my galaxy A71. 😔
0 Likes
iKarthik26
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I'm using A71 for past two years but from last week only I'm having same issue. Sometimes it goes away and then come back. I'm so much sure I never dropped the phone or gave any pressure on display. When I searched in internet many people who use A series & M series have same issue over a years BUT samsung never gave solutions yet! 

0 Likes
nanno__
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
i have this problem now, how can I fix this???
0 Likes
Galaxy A

I have an f62 having an amoled display and I too had the same issue.  for a while I used to work as a part time delivery boy and kept this phone under sun for hours for navigation purposes... may be the phone started having this brownish problem after that. resolution was totally degraded, no pure black display and sometimes even screen flickering. But if I use the phone for over 1 hour or so, the flicker comes and when I check any pure black image, the screen is then pure black and after some time, again it turns back into brownish and degraded screen quality. I did hard reset and everything I could do as recommended by others in the forums to correct this issue, even those methods mentioned on this page. some suggested that it may be because of the latest updated software. I updated this phone 2 months before the problem started. so I can't say for sure .  I searched for new display and found one for around 8K. but I bought this phone for around 16k. so I decided not to buy any new display and buy a new phone after a few months. Then I kept using this phone ,carelessly  and used for my job too. I was careless about this phone coz i already decided to change this phone and its damaged anyway. this phone was kept on my bike phone holder, under direct sun for hours during my work for navigation. and It seemed the brownish problem became permanent after that. I used it like that for a few more months with that degraded screen. 2 weeks ago I went for a trip and I took some pictures with it. I went back home and checked those pics on my free time and I noticed that those pics I took at night was seen as pure black. i was just amazed.. I turned on the dark mode to check the screen and found that pure black property of amoled is there. I don't know how this happened... since then, there is no brownish screen. display is having pure black screen and screen quality is same as when i bought it new. so I would say, if you face this same issue, wait for some more months, it may repair itself. my screen problem got rectified after 3 months.  but not sure.

My screen problem got solved by itself. so I decided to come back to this page and share my experience.

[ my phone usage style:- never played any games, use phone for less than 2 hours daily checking insta or browsing. I have a pc at home so I always use it instead of phone. on weekends screen time is over 9 hours for my work and that for google map and swiggy app. battery charging  - 15 percent to 100%. ( recently changed to 40% to 85 % and turned off fast charging for battery protection. Phone fell down once over an year ago ( long before brown screen problem started) but no screen damage.replaced the tempered glass and it was fine]

0 Likes