Original topic:

How can I turn off the shortcut for taking screenshot with power+down key?

(Topic created on: 06-23-2019 06:26 PM)
NeverAbill
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I have been struggling to find a way to turn off the screenshot shortcut of power and volume down key. Can anyone tell me how can I do it?

It **bleep** that the phone keeps take screenshots accidentally. Such a waste Samsung!
12 Comments
thebloodsoaked
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

This happens to me all the time, it's so annoying. It's because the vol down and power buttons are lined up. If the shortcut was vol up it wouldn't be a problem. 

0 Likes
MRGabe
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

People saying this has never happened to them must not have the Z Fold as it had never happened to me before, but the button placement on the fold are too close together and it now happens several times per day (on the fold).  So annoying.  There should be a way to make it volume up and power as that would be difficult to do accidentally.

0 Likes
Chuzzbot
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

There a fundamental problem with the Note 8 design, the power button is opposite the volume button which means that the two are likely to be pressed when trying to turn the screen off.
Doing so also triggers a screenshot, which has no easy way of disabling.
I have never needed to take a screenshot but have accidentally initiation dozens of them.

The question to all those who don't understand:
'how do I turn it off' not ' do you have a phone that doesn't do it'.

The button layout and consequent screenshot debacle is the worst fumble in phone design I've ever experienced, it ruins an otherwise expensive but decent device.
That and not being able to install a newer OS.

So does anyone know how to disable screenshots?
Please?

0 Likes