Original topic:

How to remove a certificate from the "Wi-Fi" storage?

(Topic created on: 02-26-2023 11:06 PM)
smart8
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Samsung SM-A720F/DS(2017). Oreo 8.0.0. Samsung Experience version 9.0. Android security patch level: November 1,2020.

I accidentally installed the certificates  in the “Wi-Fi” storage instead of the “VPN and Apps” storage and now I can’t remove them from there - there is simply no Remove item as for certificates in the “VPN and Apps” store. How to remove a certificate from the "Wi-Fi" storage?

3 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy A
Hi, we would like to inform you that, if you remove a certificate that a certain Wi-Fi connection requires, your phone may not connect to that Wi-Fi network anymore.

Open your phone's Settings app >> Tap Security Advanced settings. Encryption & credentials >> Under "Credential storage": To clear all certificates: Tap Clear credentials. OK.

0 Likes
smart8
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Before installing the certificate, there were no problems with the connection with my LAN.
And the second ...
I would not want to delete all certificates - for something they are installed. Will there be a problem due to removal of all certificates in some kind of unforeseen place?

0 Likes
PhoneSmasher
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

I had this same issue on my Galaxy S9+ (I had accidentally added a certificate as Wi-Fi and could not delete it). I deleted all certificates -- which seems to be the only way to delete the unwanted certificate -- and I don't have any issues.

It really depends what other certificates you have have installed, and what they're for. I only had a "FindMyMobile" certificate, and a "MCF_SAK_CERT" certificate.

I was able to recreate the "FindMyMobile" certificate by disabling and then re-enabling the "Find My Mobile" app. I didn't bother with the "MCF_SAK_CERT" certificate.

0 Likes