Original topic:

Inserting SIM card deleted all my data.

(Topic created on: 06-14-2022 11:08 AM)
ani-chan
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I just inserted a sim card into my samsung a12 and it did a whole factory reset and deleted all my data. I didn't back up anything anywhere because I didn't know that this would happen. I had a lot of important stuff on my phone. How can I restore all my data?
2 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi ani-chan, we are sorry to hear that this shouldn't have happened to you. 

However, if you have synced data to your Samsung Cloud account, your files and data will be uploaded to the cloud server for safe keeping. Restore backup data from Samsung Cloud; please perform the following:
•From Settings, tap Accounts and backup, and then tap Backup and restore. Tap Restore data, select your desired device, and then select the content you want to restore. Next, tap Restore. If needed, follow the on-screen instructions to download your backup data. 

Google is a great option to back up and restore your data.
Open Settings, and then tap Accounts and backup. Tap Backup and restore, and then tap the switch next to Back up my data under Google account. If prompted, sign in using your Google account credentials. Your data will be automatically backed up to your Google Drive.
You can also back up manually by tapping Google Account, and then tapping Back up now.
To restore your data, tap the switch next to Automatic restore under Google account.

0 Likes
fir8490
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
The region code/CSC of the phone has been changed to match the country of the sim card. You gotta back up your stuff with Google and Samsung account
0 Likes