Original topic:

Unable to customize notification sounds A53

(Topic created on: 02-03-2024 10:12 PM)
Angie1974
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
So on my old Samsung device, Galaxy A8 2018, I was able to change the notification sound for various apps. This does not seem to be available on the A53. I relied on this ability to differentiate between apps and what I was getting notifications for so I knew which app it was before even looking at my phone. Especially useful when at work so I am not checking to see if it is an important notification or just social media. I have checked the notifications and sounds for each app and can not find an option to change a sound in any of them. Why would Samsung take this feature away on a newer, more expensive device? Am I missing something? Please bring it back.
0 Likes
3 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, we request you to please follow the below steps once and check.

Step 1. Launch the Settings app and tap Apps.

Step 2. Select the app you want to change a notification sound for and tap Notifications. For example, the Message app.

Step 3. Tap General notifications.

Step 4. Tap Sound.

Step 5. Select your desired sound.

0 Likes
Angie1974
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Apparently you are mistaken on what is available on this device,please see screenshots this is the same for ALL apps. The only options are sound or silent. There is NO option to change the actual sound. There is only the ability to have 1 notification sound for EVERY APP it's so annoying. 1707168182109.jpg1707168214024.jpg
Galaxy A
Ditto my Note 10+
0 Likes