Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi drops

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 06:16 AM)
Seb0007
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi,

Since the last 3-4 days the Note 20 Ultra looses wifi conextion constantly.... no router issues and stable +100 Mbps on every other devices 
27 Comments
Seb0007
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
...!

Screenshot_20201208-091839_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
fbross12
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
same thing over here with my s205g
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey fbross12,

I suggest you to perform the reset network settings by following the steps from the below comment on your phone and get back to us with the result.

0 Likes
fbross12
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
nope, I tried a factory reset with restored option too and doesn't work.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

@fbross12, As you have already performed a factory reset and still experiencing the issue, Your device needs to be get examined by an authorized technician to determine the root cause of the issue.
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, we want to assure you that the health and safety of our customers is our top priority at Samsung Electronics Canada. Since your device will require service, Please note that due to Government COVID regulations, most of the service centers would be operating with curbside pick up/drop off and non-functional depending on the locality. Please contact the live chat support by using the link below and they will help you to set up the service.
https://www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Seb0007,
Please restart your phone and verify for the updates. Make sure that the device is updated to the latest version.
Make sure that the devices are within 10-15 meters of each other.
Then perform the reset network settings to their defaults by following the steps below, Settings >> General management >>Reset>> Reset network settings>> Reset settings.
This will reset all network settings, including those for Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, Bluetooth.

0 Likes
Seb0007
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
thanks..done but same issue after couple of minutes..signal is strong but no connection...laptop and s8 run at near 200 Mbps. Working at homes the last months without issues . using Samsung phones and tablets, TVs since s1 ..never had this issue

20201208_151418_775.jpg

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey Seb0007,
I suggest you to disconnect all the devices from your WiFi router and connect the Note 20 Ultra and check if it works fine.
If the problem persists, you need to perform the factory data reset on your device after back up the device data on a computer using the Smart switch software. Make sure that you have removed the configured accounts from your phone before going to perform a factory data reset otherwise it will be locked with one of the configured accounts and it will erase all the device data.

Here is the Smart switch link: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-back-up-your-devi...
You can find the factory data reset option under the General management of the device settings.

0 Likes
Seb0007
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Hi @halston thanks for your help but to be honest i have tried pretty much every basic troubleshooting steps in the last days since my phones that i used alot in unusable right now on my wifi network. 

Now I Know for sure that Samsung is aware of the issues since after alot of research  I Noticed Multiple threads on this issue all over the web and forums.  Now as a Loyal Customer of Samsung I consider that I and others should be treated with respect, transparency and honesty. 

Instead of creating frustration of Numerous customers Samsung Should right now Acknowledge the Issues.   Issue a Solutions or  Acknowledge  that you are working on the problems and that we will be updated soon

Thanks for your time and I will be waiting for an honest response for Samsung.

I sure hope that my Note 20 Ultra is not my last Samsung phone