Original topic:

Samsung wallet region change

(Topic created on: 03-10-2024 08:42 PM)
geojigeorge
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi, I was using galaxy wallet for a while. Now I've moved from India to another country and also I have changed my region to Canada. But this haven't changed in this end and I still see upi, digi locker options here(that are not supposed to be seen). The main thing is, the accounts with canadian region have options to add loyalty cards, which is absent here.
Please help me get a solution.
0 Likes
4 Comments
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Better just use Google wallet instead. Samsung wallet works locally to that country.
but if you insist to use Samsung wallet then search RedDogRabbit. Few post about changing CSC code to get them work again.
0 Likes
geojigeorge
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Thankyou. I will look into that 🫰
0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Yes, samsung wallet is region locked based on country code built-in in phone/watch system, and nothing you can do about it. That's for security-related purposes.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, as said by Al-001 Samsung wallet is country specific on the basis of the phone's country-specific code (CSC).

For Samsung wallet to work the phone CSC and the Samsung wallet account must be from the same country. 

Please check your card issuer’s policies for transactions in foreign countries. If you can use your card in the country you are travelling to, you should be able to use Samsung wallet to make a payment.