Original topic:

AAC Bluetooth codecs sounds distorted on Galaxy S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 02-22-2023 08:02 PM)
FYL21
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Just picked up the S23 Ultra a few days ago and am surprised how bad the audio quality is with AAC codec (while not the best-sounding codec out there, it was good enough for general listening on my Note 9).

On the S23U, the treble sounds very splashy and there is an intermittent delay between the channels that there is a "doubling" artifact. I can confirm I am using AAC not another codec. The distortion is gone when using another codec such as LDAC or Samsung Seamless Codec.

Devices tested: Samsing Galaxy Buds 2 Pro, Sony Linkbuds S and Soundcore Space Q45.

2 Comments
Slogstorm
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Same here, distorted both on AAC and SBC.. which are the two only codecs my headset supports.

0 Likes
Bsamyn
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Using a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra + Sony WH-1000XM4

Music is good/normal, but calls are very distorted to the point of being robotic/not being able to hear the person on the other line. They are able to understand me normally however. Very strange and annoying for such a high end device.

I used a Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra until a week ago, various computers, all with the same headset and never had any issues.

Can this be fixed? 

0 Likes