Original topic:

Edge panel background color (not the handle)

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 02:13 PM)
marcomarcopolo
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I'm using the Galaxy Samsung S10 and I just installed the new software update. I don't like the light theme. Is there a way I can change it back to the dark one?
8 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi marcomarcopolo, Please enable Dark mode and check the edge panel. It would be great if you can share screenshots that might help us understand the issue.

Galaxy S
I was hoping to like bring it back to its original, like before the update. Yes, the background color of the edge panel changed to Dark when put on Dark mode. However, I have applied a theme on my phone and enabling Dark mode "darkens" everything (Settings, Message, etc.), making the theme somewhat "useless" if you know what I mean. It would've been great if you guys let us change the background color of the edge panel and not just the handle.
Galaxy S
I tried to reapply the theme that I'm using thinking it might bring back the the color of the background before but, nope, it did not change.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi marcomarcopolo, I understand your requirement. We are taking this as your suggestion and forwarding it to our team. Thanks for taking the time for giving us your valuable suggestion.

Surexgs
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Please give us the chance to change the background of the edge instrument cluster separate from the whole system color mode.

keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Surexgs, I would like to let you know that we forwarded your suggestions from your new post to our team. Thanks again for the suggestions.🙂

0 Likes
Voltalux
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hey dude it's been two years, I have the Z Fold3 ($3,000 phone after accessories and Samsung Care+) so can we PLEASE have more customization for the edge panel? I want to make mine transparent red to match the handle!
bhaumik68
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I've got a sort of black-and white theme going on with black icons on dark mode but because we can't change the edge panel background, everyone is black on the edge panel, Samsung needs to come up with the option to change the panel color.

0 Likes