Original topic:

Edge Panel crashing hard and Battery drain.

(Topic created on: 04-05-2018 06:37 AM)
s23curator
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Edge panel stopping every 15 mins. screenshot added. please solve this ASAP as I'm also noticing other significant battery related problems on s8. In the first 1 hour I loose around 15% of my battery with nothing running in background. This all started happening after April 1st security update for s8fbe291d7-16f3-434c-b62c-ec539ba0a35d.jpg
0 Likes
6 Comments
Galaxy S
Did you Factory Reset your phone after the update? Or at least Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache? d4abf59a-d555-4a91-82b0-7e6b61bad916.jpg
3e22e94c-2aea-4cbc-9dcf-ac34f15c6fee.jpg
0 Likes
s23curator
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
nope. do i have to?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Are you using any Themes? If so so uninstall them and see if you still get Edge Screen FCs - If you're still having issues with apps crashing & poor battery life - than if it was my phone I'd definitely start with Wiping Cache in Recovery and if I still had issues then I'd backup my apps and settings to Smart Switch and Factory Reset 😉 🐧
s23curator
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
how do you do that?
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @s8curator, if your problem does not get resolved with what @ShaggyskunkS8P suggested, please submit a device error log when this happens again? From the Samsung Members application, tap the “Feedback” icon. Tap the Pen icon and then submit an “Error report”. Thanks!

- Wonchul
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@s8curator - You mean How do you Boot into Recovery etc?
Power Off your device:

Press & Hold Power + Bixby + Volume UP

Wait until you get to the Stock Recovery Menu and make the selection you want to execute - Then Reboot. If you Selected Factory Reset your phone will be as it was when you first received it as new - Setup your phone and see if the issues are fixed.

If you only Wiped Cache - See if the issues are fixed.

In both cases give the problem some time to determine if the battery life & performance has improved 🐧