Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Green screen issue on s20 series

(Topic created on: 06-18-2021 02:07 PM)
Aljohn10201
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Your s20 phones are having green screen issue after the last update! We already reported but no action done! Service centers quoting 15k for lcd that was not mishandled. After 1 year of use this greenish and white screen just suddenly occured!!!!what a waste of money!!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hello Trinaad,

If the problem persists, please bring your Samsung Galaxy device to Samsung Authorized Service Center nearest you by clicking the below links.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/ 

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/your-service/main/ 

Hope your problem got solved.

View solution in context

0 Likes
20 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hey there, Aljohn! Welcome to Samsung Members Community! Explore your new hub for all things Samsung and beyond. Earn the coolest badges and enjoy awesome perks from us by connect with Samsung experts, super-fans, and other Community members for tips on features and how to get the most out of your Samsung product. Should you need technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM).

As for your concern, have you tried these steps to see if the issue could be resolved?

Clear the camera cache

For this we will have to go to Settings / Applications / Camera / Storage / Delete data . This should fix the problem in a vast majority of cases.

Check apps in Safe Mode

Samsung indicates that many third-party apps may be causing this error. To avoid it we will have to start the terminal in Safe Mode and check it. To do this we restart the terminal and hold down the volume down button. When the terminal starts the Safe Mode icon will appear at the bottom of the screen. Now we will have to delete the latest third-party apps installed and check if the problem disappears.

Check for updates

Samsung invites users with this problem to make sure that the system updates are up to date . We can check it from Settings / System / System Updates. Many of these patches fix compatibility issues, and in many cases it fixes the problem.

The trick of the users

Play with the screen

In addition to Samsung solutions, some users have found their own trick to make the problem go away. When the green screen appears, we will have to go to Screen Settings / Resolution and set it to QHD + . At this time the 60Hz mode will be activated automatically. Then we change the resolution back to 1080p and turn on the 120Hz rate and the problem will go away.

Hope these couple of tips could help you out. Stay safe. Enjoy the weekend.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Aljohn10201
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
All of the mentioned solution did not solve the green screen issue. Its very disappointing because my phone is just 1 year old and this things just happened!.Remember the s10 and note 10 green screen issue, same happening to s20 series. Hoping that there will be a memo like s10 series that will waive all the expense in solving/ addressing the green/white screen issue after update. Check the link below so that your team will be aware of the current situation of the s20 users! Check also the comments for reference! https://youtu.be/SdAlJF_-w4Q
Ritchel329
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes, the tips that Samsung is providing isnt working at all. It all happened after the last software update
bedskie
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same issue here
Yivz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Did you bring your unit to samsung service center?
0 Likes
bedskie
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Yup,change lcd
0 Likes
Chats20plus
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same issue phone just turned 1 year and started encountering green screen. Have they not resolved this yet? **bleep** that you would have to spend money..
0 Likes
X04avier
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi can someone help me to fix the green screen on my s20+..please help me...
0 Likes
Samsung_o0pML82
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Did you solve? I connected my phone to my laptop usind dex, suddenly screen recovered and then didna hard reset, has not fail since, 

0 Likes