Original topic:

Problems w Bluetooth on S20 FE & hearing aids

(Topic created on: 05-26-2021 12:48 PM)
Mmmark
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I've posted previously about issues I've had w pairing my hearing aids & phone call quality w this new phone. At least once a month, I've had to wipe out my Bluetooth settings because of the phone frequently disconnecting from my hearing aids & am unable to reconnect. Despite my previous posting, there has been no solution suggested by Samsung & I continue to hv this problem.

I've even had my hearing aids replaced because I assumed they were faulty. Again, and to be certain, I've tested using my old LG G6 phone & it works great. So it's not the hearing aids. And they work w other Bluetooth devices I hv in my home (i.e. tv, audio, etc). 

I've become very disenchanted & exasperated w this S20FE since I purchased it in Feb 2021, and hv had nothing but problems w it, the most serious issue being the connection w my hearing aids. I just updated the OS today (May 26, 2021 update), and hope this is 1 of the issues it addresses. 

I absolutely need this feature to use for my work on the phone. I'm simply frustrated & hv never encountered so many problems w a smartphone. I'm stuck in a 2 yr contract on this one & switched phones because my LGs battery was dying off & could not be replaced. 

If not for the improved technology on these phones connecting to our daily personal devices, why should we even bother purchasing these new phones? I'm hoping Samsung resolves this problem soon. 

Mark

13 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please try backup and reset check for the updates, reset your device after a backup of the data. Otherwise, it will erase all the data. Get back to us with the results. Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now. Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes
Mmmark
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi Georgine,

Thank you for yr reply. Unfortunately this issue has nothing to do w recent update or any other previous to it, but is an ongoing problem I've had since I purchased the phone. Unless you're suggesting that a factory reset might be neccesary to clear up this problem for good? At that point, I wonder whether a restore afterwd wd not just simply bring bk the same issue? In which case, I'd possibly hv a whole range of new problems trying to restore everytg I had manually! Cd u pls clarify intent of yr suggestion?
Christine_g
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I am encountering a very similar issue with my recently purchased S20 FE regarding connecting Bluetooth in my car to play audio from Spoitfy. The quality is garbage, very low volume also. I also switched to this phone from an LG G7 and loved the sound that came from it. I absolutely loved that Bluetooth connection to my car audio aux. I searched every setting to find an answer to why Bluetooth audio is so lame, but clearly haven't found an answer.
Samsung needs to get on this and fix the issue STAT
0 Likes
Mmmark
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi Christine,

That is also an issue (car audio Bluetooth conn) that I'm having w this S20FE. I agree w you that Samsung needs to address this Bluetooth malfunction. I'm a tech guy & hv tried my best to resolve.

Mark
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please reset your device after a backup of the data. Otherwise, it will erase all the data. Get back to us with the results.

Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @Mmmark, 

Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with pairing your hearing aids to your new phone. What type of hearing aids do you have? I would suggest that first double check with them that the hearing aid is compatible with your Samsung S20 FE. If it is compatible, please submit an error report using Samsung Members application. 

Let us know!

Kind regards,

Samsung_Ben

0 Likes
Mmmark
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi Ben,
My issues r still ongoing. I hv the Costco KS9 hearing aids which r supp 2 b compatible to S20FE & Android 10. Wondering if I can bring phone to Samsung service ctr 2 b tested & repaired? Cd u pls advise whether I'm best to bring bk to carrier or seek Samsung tech ctr help?

Thx,
Mark
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S
Dear Mmmark, as the situation with COVID-19, continues to evolve; we want to assure you that the health and safety of our customers is our top priority at Samsung Electronics Canada. Since your device will require service, we are offering you Door to Door pick-up service. Turn-around-time for Door-to-Door service is 3 – 5 business days and may vary based on distance, weather, and other factors.
Do you want to opt-in for Door or Door Service or wish to walk into the nearest service center?
0 Likes
joopf
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Hi,
My Galaxys20FE 5g, bought in june this year, will not pair with my resound (amplifon nowadays) hearing aid.  Went to audicien/supplier of the resound hearing aid but he couldn't solve the problem. With his iphone it worked fine. I especially chose this phone on the promise of streaming capability. That depleted my budget and I need the streaming because turning on the speakers is often no option in my surrounds. Is any help on the way?

0 Likes