Original topic:

S20+ 5G Auto Rejecting Private Numbers

(Topic created on: 11-21-2020 12:09 PM)
Elemenoh
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I've disabled every imaginable option in phone settings to have it stop blocking Private Numbers, yet my phone still does it. I'm expecting a private call from the government and they can never reach me because it's automatically blocked for being a private number.

I've disabled all spam related auto-block options and everything. No luck. Thoughts?
0 Likes
4 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Elemenoh, Please check if you have disabled "Block unknown callers" by opening Phone app >> 3 dot menu on top right >> Settings >> Block numbers >> Block unknown callers ->(Disabled).

Also, could you please let us know if there any 3 rd party app that is installed recently might causing the issue.

0 Likes
Elemenoh
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
yes it is off. and I do not believe I installed any applications that would interfere with it. could a USSD or MMI code be the culprit?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

There is a possibility that the carrier might be blocking the unknown callers. Hence I suggest you to contact the carrier and let us know their response.

Robsnote
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
pretty sure that's something to do with your service provider like the mod said. I'd suggest calling them!
0 Likes