Dev007
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Are you having same issue?
0 Likes
Members_aUsgxVB
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have had mine 10 days. It gets hot when I am doing a variety of things. Browsing, reading Kindle .... When it gets hot it continually shuts down..  I shouldn't have to do special things to prevent this problem but I will give them a go... It gets hot at the top part of the phone and it really is quite hot...

0 Likes
SamsungAsh
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @Members_aUsgxVB. We suggest submitting logs as an error report. Our team will be able to analyse diagnostic data and will be able to advise on how to best proceed with the issue. It would be best to submit this within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring.

How to raise an error report:

Launch Samsung Members > Get Help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

PREVIEW

0 Likes
skdkk
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
😱😱😱😱😱
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @Dev007, I am sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue. 

Please note, when performing a software update or setting up the phone for the first time, it is likely that the phone will become warm due to the amount of data which is being downloaded. This is to be expected and will eventually calm down within the first week. 

Do you multitask with your device such as calling whilst browsing or charging your device whilst using it? These processes take up CPU in the device and can cause the device to heat, which can be normal in some cases. However you should be able to minimize overheating by making some changes to the phone.

If the phone is overheating whilst being used then the first thing you should do is stop any apps that might be running in the background [recent applications (left navigation key/icon)>close all].

It is also a good idea to use device maintenance to optimize the phones settings [settings > device care >optimize now > done > battery/performance mode > storage > memory > device security].

As overheating can be due to active apps using the data connection (mobile data or Wi-Fi), you can also turn on data saver in the phones settings [settings > connections > data usage > data saver > toggle: on] and you can also allow unrestricted data usage for particular apps in this menu.

Please also refrain from using the phone whilst it is charging or leaving it exposed to external heat sources. To cool an overheating phone down, please temporarily remove any covers or cases that are protecting it – you can put these back on once temperature has reduced.

0 Likes
Members_68dDe1P
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Sir/Mdm,  

We are talking about the overheated when using the camera.  I think you misunderstood our problem.  Any solution for this? Thanks 

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi there, if you're experiencing overheating specifically from the camera, I suggest the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Camera app > gear icon > reset settings.

2. Tap and hold camera > App info > Storage > Clear data

0 Likes
Vvin
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hats off to this answer !