Original topic:

Samsung Canada Smartphone Support - This is extremely poor (perhaps the worst)

(Topic created on: 01-18-2022 09:26 AM)
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hello, 

I posted weeks ago about smart view not working. Clearly I'm not alone as there are tens of posts with exactly the same issue, Android 11 or 12. I said, "I only run 1 SSID, 5GHz in the home, on a single band, and when I try to cast my home screen, my Samsung 58" fully updated Smart View and network connected television, I only see a square of the wallpaper and a large square at the bottom of the screen."

My Samsung S6! Casts without problem, and I can cast to a Toshiba Smart TV without a problem with this S21 Ultra. I've changed resolutions on my phone, TV, as well as changed the Smart View aspect ratio. 

This, IS NOT, an acceptable response to that question. 

Hello, samsung member

Thank you for contacting Samsung Canada customer service.

Are the devices connected on the same network?

Thanks for contacting Samsung,

Sincerely,

Valeriya

Samsung Canada Customer Support

For quick assistance in this case, please send an SMS to WECARE (932273), available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Click the link for live chat support

Note: This email was sent from a notification address only which cannot accept incoming email to accept incoming emails.

Phone home screen on my phone. No DRM content.

Phone home screen when cast. Only a small portion of the screen.

0 Likes
12 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi OmarAlWardian, I apologize for the inconvenience caused. The following instructions are for sharing the screen of any mobile device with a Samsung TV.

You can connect using SmartThings.

SmartThings is Samsung's hub for controlling smart home devices and can be downloaded to both Android and iOS devices. SmartThings can automatically detect and connect to most Samsung TV's manufactured from 2016 onwards. If your TV was made before this, try connecting with the Smart View app instead. 

1. Connect your Samsung smart TV and your device to the same Wi-Fi network

2. Download the SmartThings app onto your device

Please note: if you're using a Samsung device you may already have the SmartThings app installed

3. Open the SmartThings app

4. Tap Add Device

All available devices will be displayed. If you can't see your device, make sure that it is turned on. If it still isn't displayed, try turning it off and on again and restarting the SmartThings app.

5. Select your TV

6. A PIN number may be displayed on your TV. Enter the PIN in the app

Your TV is now connected to SmartThings and you can use your device as a second remote for the TV. You can also use Smart View to mirror photos, movies, and music from your device.

7. Tap Smart View

8. Use the menu on your device or TV to select the content you want to view

0 Likes
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Hi Georgine,

I have connected phones to the TVs with Smart things before Smarthings allowed 3rd party devices. I clearly know how to connect a phone to the TV, I have used Smart View, DEX, Mirrorcast, and Smarthings to cast (which is ready Smart View embedded in Smart Things.)

It doesn't change that I can't see my phone screen even when connecting from Smart things.
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we suggest you to remove and re-add the TV on smart things and then try connecting again. Also, check if there is any update available for the smart things app.

0 Likes
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
This didn't work. And it's up to date. I fixed the problem on my own with my own research. I'm still not pleased the manufacturer didn't know what the problem was.
Flika
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I loved your answers! They think we're idiots! "Smart Things" it's not the same as "Smart View".
0 Likes
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
This is a OneDrive link to a screen recording of what I'm doing and what happens.
0 Likes
MarcoMetal
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Don't matter what I do ,I try everything and my Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G Don't smart view o mirror with my new Samsung TV... that was the reason I bought the TV same company and I can't do something so simple very disappointing 😕
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Marcometal, what is the exact issue when you are trying to connect?

0 Likes