Original topic:

Secure Folder locked, says Unauthorized Software installed

(Topic created on: 04-07-2021 06:07 PM)
papachric
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I have an S8 device. Ever since the last security update on March 31st 2021:

a) Samsung Pass says that "You device has been rooted".

My device has NEVER been rooted, and checking the warranty void bit it is 0x0.

b) Secure Folder is locked says "Unauthorized software is installed on your phone".

I have NEVER installed anything other than verified apps from Play Store.

c) Samsung Health says "Unauthorized changes were made to your phone. Contact customer service for more information. 0x040104000060F061B18)

The people at customer service were no help, they have no clue, the best they did was tell me to clear out the cache (which I've already tried obviously and it doesn't work).

Samsung is not serious, I have files that I NEED inside my Secure Folder and with this screwup I am locked out...

4 Comments
h0h0h0
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
You said that you cleared the cache, was that the cache partition?also try starting your phone in safe mode
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I suggest you please reboot your device in safe mode and check if you are experiencing the issue. If you are not experiencing any issues in safe mode, then the issue could be due to any third-party application you installed recently. To do this, you need to completely power off the phone. Then, power on the phone, and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen.

MrXYZ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi,I experienced it like  this:

1.- While playing around with my S8+, I set Secure Folder and found it great to use for a couple of weeks.

2.- Then, I installed Parallel Space both outside and inside of Secure Folder. This allows for multiple messaging accounts, and it worked great for a a week or so.

3.- I swapped SIM cards  ( this is an international dual-sim device) and suddenly got the dreaded "........unauthorized software is installed on your phone.Secure folder has been locked to prevent any unauthorized access...."

This phone has not been rooted nor has any custom ROM, otherwise Secure Folder would have not worked in the first place, so I figured Parallel Space must be the  culprit however I did not remove PS.....After reading lots of posts in many sites it turned out good by clearing cache in the app setting within android, then rebooting to safe mode,knox was not tripped. After rebooting to home screen,Secure Folder now prompted to set my Samsung account and  was back in action with all previous apps and files while Parallel Space is still working flawlessly.

The one thing I did and totally forgot  prior to swapping SIM cards, was removing my Samsung account from the device thus Secure Folder should not have  worked! but that is totally different from the wording in the original message  saying "..unauthorized software....". I believe the real problem in my case was the removal of Samsung account.

I think I was lucky not lose any files to this, so backing up  SF's content must be exercised with utmost priority.

0 Likes
Kat1306
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi, i am experiencing the same problem now cant open my secure filder, did u resolve ur problem and if yes, how?

Thanks a lot 

0 Likes